Guitar Amp Advice

meursault
meursault Posts: 1,433
edited August 2013 in The cake stop
Hi

I have just bought this

gmx212-ffae64bd04f2fc7f180f914bbafe25c3.jpg

V-TONE GMX212

But the web page to download the manaul isn't working. Would any of you muso's know where I can download it?

Thanks
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

Comments

• VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • meursault
    VmanF3 wrote:

I get this

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
    Reference #6.6ab6d4d.1377374147.13426fc3

Is it because I am attempting it at work? Will try later.

Voltaire
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    Maybe, I've just been looking at it fine...if you have problems at home getting this, drop me a pm and I'll email to you...
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • meursault
    VmanF3 wrote:
    Maybe, I've just been looking at it fine...if you have problems at home getting this, drop me a pm and I'll email to you...

That is most excellent, Grazie Mille!

Voltaire
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    Bit of advice: don't get guitar amps that require manuals to understand them.
  • meursault
    cesco wrote:
    Bit of advice: don't get guitar amps that require manuals to understand them.

Too late, arrived today.

It's all straight forward, I just need a list of the effects pre sets, as I prolly won't be able to remember 99 of 'em. The rest of the controls are the same as any other amp.

Voltaire
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Does it go up to 11?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • meursault
    redvee wrote:
    Does it go up to 11?

Not tried it myself yet, but this reviewer suggests it kinda does

This thing has a ton of features. It had more features than any amp in the store, actually. Chorus, Reverb, Flanger, Echo, those type of things. But the awesome ones are the wah (effect 72), the "wawawawawawawawa" type of vibrating wah (effect 74), and my personal favorite is effect number 96. Want more distortion than anything you can imagine? Turn the low to 10, mid to 1, high to 10. Put it on California, Hot, and US for the 3 channel effects. Put the master volume down to 3, turn the level on your channel to 7 if you want gain, 8 if you're gutsy, 9 if you've got balls, and 10 if you're insane. Turn the effect level to 99. Turn the effect on. You'll probably jump at first cause it's insanely loud, but at a level of 9 or 10 you can't even hear your notes because it's just fuzz. Think about the level of distortion on The Velvet Underground's "I Heard Her Call My Name".

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/behringer/v-tone_gmx212/index.html

Voltaire
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    if the amp allows you to replicate the solo from i heard her call my name, it definitely goes to 11

but for the one on the stooges' death trip, you need at least 12
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    :evil: Blackstar FTW :evil:
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I'm just posting so that 'number of replies' goes to 11 in the forum menu.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Get some earphones and keep the OH/neighbours/Pets happy. Thats my advice.

Now the number of replies is 12, what is the significance?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RDW

Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    RDW wrote:

Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you.

The end is at the end of a piece of string.

14 must have greater significance than 12 but as we haven't ascertained where the end is nor indeed if there is an end, 14 is eroneous. My question back is:

How long is a thread?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RDW
    I locate mandolin strings in the middle of Austin!
  • meursault
    VmanF3 wrote:

Worked fine from home, now have list of presets thank you.

Voltaire
  • meursault
    symo wrote:
    :evil: Blackstar FTW :evil:

Yeah, for three or four times what I paid for V-Tone.

Voltaire
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I have a lovely old Marshall half-stack sat in my front room just looking pretty. Think I'll fire it up this evening and annoy the neighbours.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    RDW wrote:
    I locate mandolin strings in the middle of Austin!
    Nice ST reference. :D