Anniversaries

Giraffoto
Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
edited August 2013 in The cake stop
For about fifteen seconds on Saturday I'd convinced my wife there was a carbon fibre wedding anniversary - I might have made it to twenty if I'd kept a straight face. There are some truly useless anniversaries available, such as iron, (6th - steel is 11th) bronze, (8th) tin (10th) and lace (13th. OK, I do often need new laces) There are also some illegal ones - ivory (14th) and coral (35th). No Carbon fibre, no aluminium, no rubber - am I alone in thinking that these things are due for an overhaul?
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Apparently there is a modern list as well (doubtless a yankee mass consumerism thing), 4th anniversary on it is "appliances".
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Probably be simpler to get rid of marriage rather than re-write the list.
  • Giraffoto
    simonhead wrote:
    Apparently there is a modern list as well (doubtless a yankee mass consumerism thing), 4th anniversary on it is "appliances".

That'll be a new car then :) Which anniversary is "firearms"?
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Giraffoto wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

That'll be a new car then :) Which anniversary is "firearms"?

Same as bikes, there is always an n+1

http://anniversariesbyyear.com/
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Giraffoto
    simonhead wrote:

That looks like what you'd get if you referred the decision to Argos. I'm unilaterally claiming 6th, 8th and 10th as aluminium, carbon fibre and titanium respectively, and you can all tell your other half you read it on the internet
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    simonhead wrote:

Oooooh, naughty boy - you can't say 'Yankee'. You'll be mugged by the Mary Whitehouse appreciation society.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!