Which turbo trainer?

jon33
jon33 Posts: 256
Hi all

Im looking to get a turbo trainer for around £150. Any I should be looking at/avoiding?

Cheers

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If your budget is £150, then avoid turbos which cost more than that. There's lots to choose from and they're all pretty good depending on what you want to do with it.
  • jon33
    jon33 Posts: 256
    Imposter wrote:
    If your budget is £150, then avoid turbos which cost more than that. There's lots to choose from and they're all pretty good depending on what you want to do with it.

That's the thing, loads to choose from and I'm crap at shopping!

I'll be looking to get TrainerRoad/Sufferfest set up and be using it for that.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,534
    fluid gives more realistic feel than magnetic

look for used, for instance...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cycleops-clas ... 0647299742

...wait two days and a smidge, do a ninja bid of 150 about 10 seconds before end of auction
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Tacx Satori are pretty good value and quiet, retail about £160 upwards depending where you shop
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    jon33 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

That's the thing, loads to choose from and I'm crap at shopping!

I'll be looking to get TrainerRoad/Sufferfest set up and be using it for that.

Have a look through the TrainerRoad site to see what people like. Kurt Kinetic aren't cheap but a secondhand Road Machine should be around your budget? Most importantly you want something with a known power/speed curve and that TrainerRoad supports if that's what you want to use it for.