Bank holiday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,861
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

My brother came over to see us yesterday and we shared a room - never again that boy can snore... :(

Today is a gentle ride from Loch Ness to Glasgow - if everything goes to plan

Comments

• Morning homos.

My tickets for Ocean Colour Scene just arrived!

To celebrate, I will go for another ride today.

Orsums!
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599

My tickets for Ocean Colour Scene just arrived!

I bought the first album when it was first released. Now I feel old.

Morning ladyboys,

Today I am working, but only until 3. The missus is returning today so there will be hasty tidying of takeaways and beer bottles pending her arrival.

Laters
  • I was only 9 when the first album was released :lol:

Bought Moseley shoals when that came out in '96 though.

I'm quite surprised at how little interest there has been in this gig tbh. It's on at the Villa Marina in Douglas on thursday. There were only about 1,000 tickets available, and they've only sold about half of them.
    I know OCS are not exactly a massive band, but I'd have thought they'd have been popular enough to draw 1,000 people at £30 a pop.

Ah well, there are about 20 of us going, and we've got tickets for the after party too. SCORE!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Totally knackered this morning after being out for a fair part of yesterday and getting completely and utterly H'd. Only had about 4 1/2 sleep as I woke up at the usual time and couldn't get back to sleep.

Today will be going with a friend to find her a 29er. She has ordered a few for test rides so I'll just be there in the lifting capacity for the roof rack if she decides to buy. I may have to visit an ale house whilst she is testing bikes.

I have the rest of the week off but I'm not sure I'm able to maintain this level of beer consumption.

Later......
  • Morning Losers!

Today, I'm heading off back to the Hudd. Should be back by mid afternoon, so plenty of time for films and PS3. Tesco delivery arriving around 4, so I'll be fully stocked up.
    I need to save money this month, so I'm hoping that by being at home most the time, I'll manage to save some.... not sure how this theory will work, but probably through lots of beans on toast or something.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Been out playing tennis this morning. PS3 and visiting the grandmother this afternoon.

Tempted to ride the bike but I know my legs are shot at the moment, far too much tennis and a lot more hard work this week which I'm still getting used to have taken it out of me a bit. Then again gentle 20 mile spin can't hurt can it?

TTFN
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Afternoon, today has been spent in bed all day, just got up.

Writing it makes me feel even more guilty for doing it.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • mongoosed
    mongoosed Posts: 315
    Evening all,crashed the bike ended up in A+E,got 4 cracked ribs and torn knee ligaments,happy days.
  • tlw1
    mongoosed wrote:
    Evening all,crashed the bike ended up in A+E,got 4 cracked ribs and torn knee ligaments,happy days.

Pictures?
  • matthew h wrote:
    mongoosed wrote:

Pictures?

Or it didn't happen.

Which ligaments did you tear?
  • tlw1
    I was only 9 when the first album was released :lol:

Bought Moseley shoals when that came out in '96 though.

I'm quite surprised at how little interest there has been in this gig tbh. It's on at the Villa Marina in Douglas on thursday. There were only about 1,000 tickets available, and they've only sold about half of them.
    I know OCS are not exactly a massive band, but I'd have thought they'd have been popular enough to draw 1,000 people at £30 a pop.

Ah well, there are about 20 of us going, and we've got tickets for the after party too. SCORE!

love OCS - saw them at Saint Ives when they did the radio one road show with chris evans :oops: