50 mile club

Cupras
Cupras Posts: 145
edited August 2013 in Road beginners
So today I joined the 50 mile club by accident.
Intended to ride to my work then nip to Redcar before going home and just continued riding for a bit. I did have to stop a few times as someone I was with was having bike issues but overall it was pretty fun.

I was very stiff afterwards as I have never rode above 25 miles before and tbh I have rode very little recently due to problems my end.

Here is the strava link http://www.strava.com/activities/77489853
I know its slow but still for a fat lad who hasn't rode much lately I am very very happy.

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    good work :D
    Insert bike here:
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    These milestones are important, and it's always great to "bag one". On to the next - 75 miles? 100 miles? :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Cupras
    Cupras Posts: 145
    85 is the next one I think as its a 42.5mile each way distance trip to a town I want to cycle too so it seems the next logical step. Although there may well be a 75 miler in there before hand.

Thanks
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Please don't tell us about your problems with your end.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    100km is the next milestone. 62.1 ish miles

I remember the first time I did that distance I was stunned I could actually ride that far - now it's the default ride length as it is enough to get me out on the saddle for a few hours without taking the whole day (but you can if you like)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I've done 50 miles perhaps half a dozen times now, but Great North Bike ride at the weekend was 58 miles total but I shaved 50 minutes off my best 50 mile time! Shows how hilly most of my rides are.
  • DM222
    DM222 Posts: 90
    I did 117 the other day on the Bristol-London charity ride. Never ridden more then 65 before! As long as you pace yourself and eat / drink plenty you'll be surprised how far you can cycle without feeling too bad afterwards!

Good effort by the way :wink: