Cuda mayhem kids bike.

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited August 2013 in MTB buying advice
Just been to my lbs to have a look at bikes for my daughter. They had a Cuda Mayhem in which looked pretty decent. Seemed to be the same weight as the Cube 200 (which was next to it so i did a very unsientific pick one up then the other weight test) had Shimano gears, alloy frame, solid forks, Kenda tyres and the geometry was spot on. Thing is I've never came across them before. Anybody's kids got or had one? If so are they any good?

I know there will be better but for the price (£155) thought it was a good deal.

Cheers all.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Shimano make tat as well as good stuff.

As I thought Cuda is the junior brand for Barracuda.

Barracuda make bikes one step up from total BSO's, pretty similar to Halfords Apollo brand.

http://www.cudabikes.co.uk/products/mountain-bikes.php

No better or worse than any other at about that price point.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Myster101
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bik ... ifications

Thanks for the reply mate. Did a bit of digging and found out they are made by Barracuda which is putting me off. Found the following (not sure why phone has posted link at top!) which is down to £150 so may go for it. Daughter is only 6 and not sure yet how much she's going to be in to biking so just want something to start her off on.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    edited August 2013
    look for a secondhand hotrock 20, should get one for less than £100 and you can sell it on easy enough when she grows out of it.

Edit: deleted the link just in case for you.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Myster101
    Thanks mate, was actually just watching the purple girls one. Think that might be the way to go, as I've said not sure how much biking she will actually do. She says she wants to go "mountain biking with dad" but that could all change next week :D

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive