Spa Sunday Morning Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Up watching highlights of the GT racing, playing tennis in a bit. Hopefully a bike will feature today, planning on a trip to the pub later too as a mate is moving away.

Oh, and the F1 will feature heavily today too.

TTFN

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    off to town today for foods, drinks and clothes

thats as fun as it will get tho' may get H'd later!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Morning Gimps,

My local supermarket has got a permanent offer on of a free coffee (and newspaper) if you spend a fiver: looks like I'll be shopping a bit more often than I used to. We're going to play bikes down at Bedgebury tomorrow so I'll be doing some bike fettling today. Have borrowed a burds bike off someone we know so wifey can try it but hope she doesn't go for it as I want the space in the garage for my n+1 bike :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Afternoon Losers!

Another day of just sitting in front of the tv for me sadly. It's really boring being limbless. Hopefully my mates are off to the pub later, so I can at least have a couple of drinks, but not too many as it's dangerous enough as it is going up the stairs. A little alcohol might make things worse!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Afternoon Losers!

It's really boring being limbless.

So we'll just call you Bob from now on.

Afters All

Back from Bali to the Uk where its cold and rainy strewth!! why does anyone bother living here.
    Anyhow anyone feel like riding the peaks this week as off work for a little while.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • S'up homos.

Been for a ride on the newly built rigid hopper this morning in preperation for the E2E in 2 weeks time.
    Findings: After some initial difficulties finding a good gear, it's pretty rapid uphill.
    Coming downhill with no suspension after riding the Bionicobvious for a couple of years is...... an experience.
    I need some new headset bearings
    I need to replace the BB
    I could do to drop the saddle by 10mm or so.
    I might try winding in the brake levers a bit closer to the bar, see if that helps with the old finger cramp (obviously, nothing is going to completely solve it, it's a rigid ffs).
    There is something sketchy going on with my rear hub. It's making an odd noise when freewheeling in a very high, or very low gear, like one of the pawls is sticking or something is loose. Weird how it's only at the top or bottom of the cassette though.

Aaaaanyway, got to run to the supermarket in a bit, then having a BBQ tonight.

For something a bit different tonight, I have some Ostrich burgers, and some wild boar and apple burgers which will be done on the BBQ.
  • bg13
    sorry about posting this link, it really is sh1t but had me saying WTF several times!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a60_1367100334

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    bg13 wrote:
    sorry about re-posting this link, it really is sh1t but had me saying WTF several times!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a60_1367100334
    Pay attention at the back... :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    must have ignored the previous posting of it as it is a bit pump! Must admit i try not to open links as the 'my little pony' thing kept catching me out!!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    day 1 done

150 miles & 7,000 ft of climbs with an average speed of 18.1 - knackered!

Drinking count, last night 5 ciders, today one whiskey at the Glenmorangie distillery after 100 miles and a couple of pint of cider at the end, quick shower then back for drinking part deux.

Tomorrow takes us past Jimmy Pedo's house - think that may be a perfect stop for a p1ss

laters
  • bg13
    matthew h wrote:
    day 1 done

150 miles & 7,000 ft of climbs with an average speed of 18.1 - knackered!

take that ghey talk to the roadie section, weirdo!^^^

Drinking count, last night 5 ciders, today one whiskey at the Glenmorangie distillery after 100 miles and a couple of pint of cider at the end, quick shower then back for drinking part deux.

Now thats what we want to hear about!^^^

Tomorrow takes us past Jimmy Pedo's house - think that may be a perfect stop for a p1ss

And a dump i hope!^^^

laters

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Bg13 - :)