coast to coast... what tyres on my cyclocross bike.

ovi
ovi Posts: 396
edited August 2013 in Tour & expedition
I'm doing the c2c (whiteaven to sunderland)in a few weeks on my cyclocross bike and currently have continental cyclocross race tyres fitted and wondered if it was advisable to change these for a tyre with less rolling resistance. I wil be keeping off road as much as possible and doing it in a day.

Thanks ovi.

Comments

• durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    is this a trick question?

You are aiming to keep off the roads, but wondering if you should change your cross tyres from something slicker?
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • ovi
    edited August 2013
    Double post oops.
  • ovi
    durhamwasp wrote:
    is this a trick question?

You are aiming to keep off the roads, but wondering if you should change your cross tyres from something slicker?

Thats right, not done the route before so not sure of what tyres are most suitable to the terrain. 

Thanks ovi.
  • Barbarossa
    Barbarossa Posts: 248
    Lots of discussion on 3 Peaks Cyclocross Forum. General consensus seems to be Schwalbe Land Cruiser. Others by Schwalbe - Marathon Plus Tour or Durano Plus. Depends what the off road riding is like.