Argon 18 Gallium

PeeCee
PeeCee Posts: 38
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
my latest addition, going to replace a Felt F4. Only one little ride so far but first impressions are good. The steerer will be cut down a bit once i'm happy with the position and the saddle might change.

Argon 18 Gallium frame & forks, full Ultegra 11 speed groupset, 3T alloy bars and stem, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels.

Cheers

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5827.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

Comments

• Danny87
    Danny87 Posts: 121
    Nice! Although the F4 ain't too shabby either. Spotted the Orbea bike too :) Nice bikes all of them!
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Sound, you don't see too many about and they look great.
    I nearly bought one last month but I dithered when I seemed to be stuck between sizes, I'll probably regret not taking the plunge.
  • focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    Looks great man, especially with that colour scheme.
  • Nice bike.

Is that an old school BMX under restoration in the background? Looks good too.

DD.
  • ara3791
    ara3791 Posts: 378
    Sweet ride.

Welcome to the gallium owners club.
  • PeeCee
    PeeCee Posts: 38
    DD, yes an '83 Mongoose, just took it apart for a clean up.

Done a couple of rides on the Argon 18 now and so far so good. Steerer now cut down a bit which looks better.
    The Ultegra 11 speed shifts spot on and really impressed with the wheels.

A couple of pics with my Orbea and the Felt that the Argon 18 is replacing.

DSC04832.jpg

DSC04829.jpg

DSC04835.jpg

DSC04828.jpg

Cheers
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    How does the argon compare to the orbea?
    How do you find the differences in groupo and wheels?
  • What are your first impressions of the new ultegra?
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I'd love an Argon but the tiny head tubes in my size just don't make it feasible.
    Nice bike mate.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • richiegwy - quite different rides betwen the Orbea and the Argon, mainly down to the wheels really.

heatwave48 - really like the 11 speed Ultegra, i've got 6700 Ultegra on the Felt and it definately shifts better than that. The only negative about it is that i find that you have to use the fine trim on the front mech quite a bit.

Galatzo - yes the head tube is quite small, but with the screw in spacer its the same as the Felt. My Orbea and Felt are both 54cm frames and the Argon is a small, it's 1cm shorter in the top tube but i've got a 10mm longer stem and there is a slight layback on the seatpost so it ends up the same.

I did my first decent ride on it today and absolutely love it.
    cheers.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    green eyes.
    green eyes...