Anyone here code Gerber files ?

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited August 2013 in The cake stop
I am looking for a reliable source to decode a PCB and make a new Gerber file, anyone here in this industry, jobs pays well and can lead to further work.
Please save me a trip to Shenzhen.
Living MY dream.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    c. 25 years ago when i was in r&d it was the rule that if it was your project, you were the one who had to check the files and then that the first pcb from them matched your schematics, it was about the most miserable task, especially on multilayer boards

happiness was finding a via that linked ground plane to another voltage in the first few checks, then you could immediately punt it back to the supplier and tell them to check the rest themselves and to do a better job next time if they wanted paying

so, no way matey, you're going eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaast
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Yeah, I work for a PCB CAD software firm - Gerber outputs are available from all our stuff. PM me what you need doing and I'll just process it though our software.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I just cant fathom why these things cant be done here. We cant blame labour rates any longer either, or tax codes.

I have had a similar issue this morning trying to get some tooling for the case done.
    To get the tooling block made for a very simple design around 4"x2"x1" it is going to cost circa £6500+ and then 28p per unit thereafter.

In china the cost is £800 + 1.2p each.
    Living MY dream.