Bike was nicked

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
as expected. waht to do? (apart from the obvious and what ive already done, police/insurance informed)obviously follow the guidleines on the stolen bike section too at some stage, but i thought maybe dont put out the feelers on the websites/here yet in case the thieves see it and decide to lie low? if i keep quiet online, maybe it will pop up on gumtree/ebay, if i put the word out straight away maybe it would not appear on such site asap. or am i overthinking?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,577
    check http://www.bikeshd.co.uk/ set up an alert on ebay, look very close at gumtree, it's the thieves' favourite

i'd just get the word out, i doubt thieving scum spend their interweb time on br, some will be trying to offload it asap, other more organized may save it a while or strip it

mine was fenced on gumtree the day it was stolen
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Son's bike was stripped and the frame and forks were on Ebay in Manchester the week after the thing was nicked. Police not interested since we didn't have any record of the frame number or any photos showing any distinguishing marks :(

The only consolation being that just about every component was worn out so it wasn't worth much by then.
  • Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    as expected. waht to do? (apart from the obvious and what ive already done, police/insurance informed)obviously follow the guidleines on the stolen bike section too at some stage, but i thought maybe dont put out the feelers on the websites/here yet in case the thieves see it and decide to lie low? if i keep quiet online, maybe it will pop up on gumtree/ebay, if i put the word out straight away maybe it would not appear on such site asap. or am i overthinking?

How?
  • Sucks that your bikes gone dude, it's a pretty terrible feeling.
  • tbf, i dont mourn the loss of it too much, i fell of it twice and had no great love for it, im looking forward to choosing a new one. most annoyed that the locks have gone and that i just had it serviced and had gp4000s on it!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,428
    I'll get those bloody dwarfs, Sean reckons they hate being swung around by the ankles.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!