Moel Famau

sbbefc
sbbefc Posts: 189
edited August 2013 in MTB beginners
My road bike broke last night so it looks like I'm stuck with a hybrid for the weekend. Is it allowed to ride up to the top of Moel Famau using the main path to the tower? Also is a hybrid bike suitable?

Comments

• nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Is he Spurs latest target?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    sbbefc wrote:
    My road bike broke last night so it looks like I'm stuck with a hybrid for the weekend. Is it allowed to ride up to the top of Moel Famau using the main path to the tower? Also is a hybrid bike suitable?
    I've walked up it a while ago, and the path was a smooth gravel trail, so a hybrid should be fine.
    I'm slightly confused though, what were you going to use before your road bike broke?
  • sbbefc
    If my road bike hadnt of broke I would have gone somewhere else on the road this weekend. Since I live down the road from moel famau I was just wondering if the main path is open to cyclists or just walkers as id like to cycle it as an alternative activity.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Er, ok. Maybe nobody needs to know the whys, just the question.
    Aaaaanyway. As far as I know, it's still open for cycling. Some berks from the rambler's association came here a while ago, and actually tried to coerce MTBers into signing a petition to ban mountain biking on Moel Famau.
    They were shamed, and taken apart.
    Even if it wasn't "officially" allowed, I'd say, go for it anyway, as long as you're considerate and polite with anyone you meet, you'll be fine (almost) anywhere.
  • sbbefc
    Er, ok. Maybe nobody needs to know the whys, just the question.
    Aaaaanyway. As far as I know, it's still open for cycling. Some berks from the rambler's association came here a while ago, and actually tried to coerce MTBers into signing a petition to ban mountain biking on Moel Famau.
    They were shamed, and taken apart.
    Even if it wasn't "officially" allowed, I'd say, go for it anyway, as long as you're considerate and polite with anyone you meet, you'll be fine (almost) anywhere.

Cheers thanks for the info. Dont get me wrong id love to ride MTB more frequently ,especially with the winter on its way, just cant afford a proper bike at the moment! :(
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You only have yourself to blame, wasting money on road bikes and hybrids.
    Shame on you.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    From the car park entrance there is a way marked route for mountain bikes that takes you just short of reaching the top , it then goes off in 3 different directions and one of them is sign posted over the top. Never done that section but it looks like it takes you in that direction.
  • sbbefc
    Is that the top car park or the one part of the way up from the mold side?