Trek Domane 6.2

ClydesdaleChris
ClydesdaleChris Posts: 21
edited March 2015 in Your road bikes
IMG_2285-M.jpg

IMG_2289-M.jpg

The Domane after the York WA Cyclo-Sportif.

RXL Wheelset, Prologo Scratch Pro & Aussie flag, Duotrap & Garmin, Red Hudz, I think that's it....
It's a tour, not a race. But don't get in my way when I'm touring!!

Comments

• PS the extra 10mm spacer on top of the stem will be removed and fork shortened as soon as the position has settled, but I think it will be soon!
  • y9y9
    y9y9 Posts: 24
    Very nice. I like the colour scheme a lot!
  • y9y9 wrote:
    Very nice. I like the colour scheme a lot!

I tried to add some colour over the drab OEM scheme. I like it very much! The bike is great and I am so glad I went with a 6.2 over a 5 series. The other huge improvement was the Bontrager RXL wheelset- @1350g the pair and DT Swiss internals they are quiet, stiff and roll beautifully.

I wanted a "one bike" for everything, sportif's, racing and commuting- and I have it.
  • I tried to add some colour over the drab OEM scheme.

I'm guessing it was a primary school competition winner who designed it?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    sorry, the red looks wrong - and coloured tyres always look naff regardless...
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    I agree would look way better in just black and white.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Lovely!

I don't normally like coloured tyres .. But ... They work with this to be fair.
    Only thing I'd change are the red bottle cages.

I'm jealous
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • mattbell
    mattbell Posts: 203
    I tried to add some colour over the drab OEM scheme.

You made a similar comment about my trek. Clearly got an issue with Treks, or in to kids and painting?
  • well the tyres might get the boot, cut one to pieces yesterday. The cages are a bit 'loud' so may get the flick and maybe keep the red tyres and red highlights.

Or I may just all 'black and white' it (bugger all cost to do so!)

meh!

One things for sure the whitewall tyres, white everything was a bit much. even if I go back to black cages and tyres it will still be an improvement.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    well the tyres might get the boot, cut one to pieces yesterday. The cages are a bit 'loud' so may get the flick and maybe keep the red tyres and red highlights.

meh!

One things for sure the whitewall tyres, white everything was a bit much. even if I go back to black cages and tyres it will still be an improvement.

I would keep it all black and white - take a look at my bike for inspiration if you want ;)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • declan1 wrote:
    well the tyres might get the boot, cut one to pieces yesterday. The cages are a bit 'loud' so may get the flick and maybe keep the red tyres and red highlights.

meh!

I would keep it all black and white - take a look at my bike for inspiration if you want ;)

I replaced the red tyre with another one to $ave money at this point. When/ if they die I might go black white all over!
  • Mein Jew the cages might get the arse for black and white ones- they are pretty loud!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    mattbell wrote:
    I tried to add some colour over the drab OEM scheme.

You made a similar comment about my trek. Clearly got an issue with Treks, or in to kids and painting?
    I actually laughed out loud when I read this :mrgreen:

I think it will look better with less going on to be fair
  • Paul 8v wrote:

I think it will look better with less going on to be fair

Cages replaced with Black and white ones, Tyres will be changed in the future as they wear out.

Probably stick with the red hoods and highlights- makes it easier to pick out in a crowd!

CC
  • One thing led to another (puncture & pinch flat)

IMG_0060-M.jpg

IMG_0061-M.jpg

?
  • One thing led to another (puncture & pinch flat)

IMG_0060-M.jpg

IMG_0061-M.jpg

?

it just needs black bar tape now and you'll be sorted!
  • mattbell wrote:

it just needs black bar tape now and you'll be sorted!

I agonised over that shit but the Prologologo tape looks great and works with the back/ white saddle.

Stem is getting the arse as it's made of rubber and the carbon spacers aren't helping with flex (I am a boombah, ex BMX'er and powerlifter with a large frontal area!)
  • Really like that .. Changes work well ... Don't change that tape :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Really like that .. Changes work well ... Don't change that tape :)

Don't change that tape

There's a song about that.
  • speedo
    speedo Posts: 115
    Purchased a 6.2 about 6 weeks ago
    Colour scheme is Black / white with BLACK bar tape.
    Admired by many :D
  • speedo wrote:
    Purchased a 6.2 about 6 weeks ago
    Colour scheme is Black / white with BLACK bar tape.
    Admired by many :D

That's interesting, they all should have come with white bar tape, tyres, seatpost and stem. I had to go with a different seatpost so it was swapped for free, and I got black. I'll be changing the stem for a black RXL this weekend and the Prologo sponsorship stays.

Mind you mine was a very early one, and is different from the final production 6.2 as it is a full US build, from scratch. The full production bikes are cast (carbon) in Taiwan and then sent to the US for finishing and assembly. Saying that mine don't look no different than any others! :D
  • speedo
    speedo Posts: 115
    The frame is a full US build,and was a special order direct through TREK (not the local LBS ) with black bar tape,white stem ,black bars,black seat post,black shimano 105 group set , black 700x23c R2 tyres , black / white saddle
    You have guessed I like everything BLACK :D
  • Latest pic- Tyres to be tossed for Tubeless R3 25mm tomorrow, worn out the Conti's in 1000km. Will go to a grippy red tape thats a bit brighter (maybe white again????), and have a new set of RED Shimano cables to go on (the Jagwire cables seem to have a lot of 'give' in them)

smugshot_3254925-M.jpg
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Tape is good, would be starting to look bland without it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Normally I like red and black, it's my favourite colour scheme, however it doesn't work with that bike; too much white. You'd be better off sticking with a purely black and white scheme.
  • Still not sure about the red cages- they stick out like dogs ba**s. the black cages may go back on.

Red cables are the go and maybe some red highlights on the frame to give some colour? just a touch. That and maybe white tape.

I tell you, next time I AM ordering Project One, but the price I got this for I can't knock back. 2000km in and I love it.
  • Well, Project One happened. Flamebike Lives!

IMG_4253-M.jpg
  • Yeah, it's a mix of Crystal White, Ink Blue & Viper Red. All the same grain of metallic. Interesting point to note: The frame is completely different to my old Domane. This one has the tubeset of the Koppenberg, which tells me it was not off the regular frame production. Tube shapes are more 'extreme', cable runs are different and on the road it is vastly stiffer under power, forks are stiffer (when standing up to pedal) and has a little more give in the Iso-Speed seat tube. a wonderful ride.
  • Interesting point to note: The frame is completely different to my old Domane. This one has the tubeset of the Koppenberg, which tells me it was not off the regular frame production. Tube shapes are more 'extreme', cable runs are different and on the road it is vastly stiffer under power, forks are stiffer (when standing up to pedal) and has a little more give in the Iso-Speed seat tube. a wonderful ride.
    Just curious, did your Koppenberg frame come with a fixed derailleur hanger?