What colour mudguards and what ones?

KJR
KJR Posts: 14
edited August 2013 in MTB general
I must either be really fussy or the lack of appealing mudguards is really shocking! I have been searching for ages for ones that I actually like and I have only just made my mind up slightly on some that look 'alright'
What are your opinions?
I quite like this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-Sportline ... 3cd4cb48bb
or they have it with the colours reversed so that the writing is black and the plastic is white!

The guards are to go on a Boardman Team MTB, this one here ..... http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... m-12-46330

Thanks for your help! :)

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    It's a mountain bike, and it's mountain biking. Ultimately nothing is going to stop you getting completely covered in cack.
    However, the little fenders on the front fork, such as neoguards, or those little ones that fit just under the fork crown, can prevent quite a bit crap from flying into your face.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The little ones are Mucky Nutz and work quite well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • neddie
    neddie Posts: 101
    I use a bike hut one which clips on to the seatpost

It keeps my arse dry enough to be able to drive home without having to change

If you want too... go for it ....
    Boardman Comp.

Norco Fluid
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    cooldad wrote:

Got a Mucky Nutz Benda Fenda on my Boardman - works well, without looking too offensive:

DSC_8910532x800_zps23ed5c8e.jpg
  • cooldad wrote:

Got a Mucky Nutz Benda Fenda on my Boardman - works well, without looking too offensive:

DSC_8910532x800_zps23ed5c8e.jpg

i have the same as shown here, apart from i have it facing the other way, as it helps stop crap flick up into my face
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    i have the same as shown here, apart from i have it facing the wrong way
    It's supposed to stop crap getting into your face anyway.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    POWA Dfender, if you have £50 to spunk on a mudguard
  • Kowalski675

It does. Can't see how mounting it backwards would help, since once the wheel's rotated past the fork brace any muck coming off it will be being thrown forwards. The XL version sticks out both sides of the fork brace though, if you want that (and on some frames makes a useful rear guard to keep crap off your shock and linkage).
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798

It does. Can't see how mounting it backwards would help, since once the wheel's rotated past the fork brace any muck coming off it will be being thrown forwards. The XL version sticks out both sides of the fork brace though, if you want that (and on some frames makes a useful rear guard to keep crap off your shock and linkage).
    The idea is, that the muck is thrown from the wheel, forwards between your arch and your crown, and then you ride into it - the bender fender stops that, and it really does make a big difference.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Kowalski675
    ilovedirt wrote:

The idea is, that the muck is thrown from the wheel, forwards between your arch and your crown, and then you ride into it - the bender fender stops that, and it really does make a big difference.

I think I'll stick with mine mounted the right way round...