Newbie from kent

Amiller86
Amiller86 Posts: 4
edited September 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi guys. Just thought id say hello as im new to MTBing! Bought my first proper MTB 2weeks ago and covered over 200miles already... Love it! I bought a specialized hardrock disc 26".... Iv got new foot pedals on orderand i want to change the front sus already.... Any tips etc? And also... How do i know what sus t buy that fits my bike? My current travel only has 80mm and need more! Thanks for any advice

Comments

• mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    If you mention the word Girl in your subject title, I reckon you'll get more replies. :D
    Just saying..

Welcome o southern one.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • croptonboy
    croptonboy Posts: 164
    Hello and welcome! :)

What year is the bike, and what forks are on there at the moment?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You don't necessarily need more, you need better. Or forks that actually work anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cheers all. Haha yeh your probably right... Would get more attention if i said i was female! Yeh also as much as i want more travel int the front sus, i also want better ones lol! How would i know which ones fit my bike etc?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Steerer length and diameter, in the case of a Hardrock, 1 1/8th inch plain and length you can measure.

I understand the Hardrock frame will take 100mm forks, more than that would be a bad idea.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rob r
    rob r Posts: 10
    Where abouts in Kent are you? Get yourself to along Bedgebury if you can and go exploring round there.
  • jb1981
    jb1981 Posts: 8
    im doing bedgebury in a few weeks (29.09.13) i think if you fancy a meet up
  • rob r
    Yeah I'm off that weekend so give us a shout and I'll come out for a hack :D
  • Ahhh cool, i live on the isle of sheppey ;-( haha well im just looking for a bike rack for the car, theres only one track on the island and its getting pretty boring! Yeh i want to try bedgbury, heard its quite good there? Ahhh i shall look for a new fork with 100mm then.... Although i can see myself getting a full sus to as im catching the mtb fever;-)
  • rob r
    Roof bars and bike carrier is best bet.

Sure someone will disagree and say they're £9.99 halfords boot mount does just as good a job :mrgreen: