Whacky Wednesday!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm up early with a taxi on its way to collect me and take me to the station. I'm trying to figure out how mad I am for going into work today. I've got so much to do is the problem. Hmmm Ah well, missbint is meeting me in Leeds at midday to go and collect my car from the judo club, so I'm sure today is worth it.

Finish work at 12ish, and then collect car, home and sit with my foot up for the rest of the day, contemplating if it's really worth me going into work at all.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Rotten luck with the ankle TKM

Morning bumders

I'm fucking knackered. Was working far too late last night, then too much studying. Today I'm going to be zonked, touch wood it should be a quiet day though so I can do lots of sitting around and such… doesn't help that I got hit by a car yesterday while walking along a pavement, fortunately not fast and no major damage but it rather hurt so I'm a bit achey today.

TTFN
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Off today so heading to leisure lakes to see if they do have the bb I need, then to my lbs to get it fitted. Maybe enough time for a ride, then heading over to Birmingham to meet a mate for a beer.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Failed in last nights non-drinking as the wife returned the au-pair after they had been out and collected me - then off to the pub for far too many ales for a school night - at least I managed to give the bike a decent clean ready for the end to end on saturday.

Today is work meh followed by sorting my kit out whilst the wife & au-pair go out (not together). Hope to get an early night as much sleep is needed
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    It's a busy, busy day today for some reason. Perhaps it is all of yesterday's procrastination coming back to bite me.

Nothing much planned for tonight and the weather is pretty poor at the moment so a night in catching up on the Sky+ might be in order. If things continue like this I'll probably need a quiet night after today's start.

Later......
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Angry Bird wrote:
    doesn't help that I got hit by a car yesterday while walking along a pavement,

Never does.

Today I'm looking at some manky old arches in Hackney to make sure their still "ok". Oh well at least it's a nice sunny day - it'll be boiling in the city. Sorted out the gear cable yesterday. I was pretty close to buying cable cutters - but found a pair in an old eletrical box so happy days. Meh
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    why is it only 10:24?!?!

well decision has been made for me so no more whiskey is required, well until I finish work anyway :lol:

I've been in work since 6.30, got a load of work done now i'm sat around doing nothing.

laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Went to Leisure Lakes. Purchased bottom bracket whilst repeatedly asking 'You sure its the right the right one?'

Sat in the car on google, yup, wrong one.They've got the one I need in another store so I'll have it in a couple of days, thus no riding for me until Monday at the earliest.

I'm off to the gym so I'm not tempted to get H'd for breakfast.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola troops,

Move Friday home owner sweet!

free food and onwards.

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Afternoon,

Bad news is I'm knackered and I don't know why - thought I slept well last night but obviously didn't? Wierd.

Good news:
    1. Our 'advisors' are taking us out to an el-posho London restaurant for a free night of face stuffing and supping overpriced French plonk :)
    2. Me and a mate booked an uplift day the Bike Park Wales place on 9th September :D

Not a bad day then...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Open house from 7pm Friday for Waylanders house warming then! Best time to do it when the place is empty :)

Work is slowwwwww today. I cannot wait for the weekend. Gossip is emerging which will be fully dissected on the weekend over much wine.

Gym last night was hard work. Done something to my shoulder which means I cannot lift my right arm above shoulder height. Thinking a trip to the physio might be necessary. However watching the Great British Bake Off after made me feel much better, all the girls in our house watching the baking man and wishing he would make cakes and bread for us.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • ... missbint is meeting me in Leeds at midday to go and collect my car from the judo club, so I'm sure today is worth it....
    It helps if you're meeting someone that's going to drive your car, to bring the keys with you :roll: Had to go back to Hudd for them, then bus, train and bus to get the car. Still, it's now back home and I don't need to worry about it now. Thanks MissBint! 10 mins after getting home, my Tesco delivery turns up 8) Awesome!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Afternoon m**********rs!

Busy day, getting stuff achieved. Sweet. I would say more, but I'm likely to end up like some Brazilian boyfriend in an airport holding tank. Love my job. :roll:

Out later for food with friends. Between now and then I have a few hours to plot how I'm going to wind up the next random spackwad on the forum. I'm aiming for my next internet suicide by September, and I'm reckoning I can do it without pretending to be a 14 yr old schoolgirl. Booyah!

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Angry Bird wrote:
    it should be a quiet day though so I can do lots of sitting around and touching wood

FTFY
    Angry Bird wrote:
    doesn't help that I got hit by a car yesterday while walking along a pavement.

Oo fark. Well, that makes me feel like a bit of c**t for taking the p**s. :oops:
    Hope it's nothing serious - your gait is the only thing that should be limp.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Alll wite
    Been busy at work aint I!
    Got stuff done innit
    Go's on me hol's soon.

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty