Which sufferfest videos best for hilly 100 mile sportive?

dubcat
dubcat Posts: 737
Hi, i've only been out on my bike a couple of times in the last 9 months. Now i have a 100 mile sportive with some decent size hills coming up and i'm not finding the time to get out on my bike much at all.

I want to use sufferfest to get some turbo time in. Which videos would help me most in training for a hilly 100 mile sportive?

Thanks,
Dub
2010 Specialized Rockhopper
2012 Bianchi Infinito

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Theres a 2 hour one coming out soon. TBH, they are all good. Just do them back to back. Angels is my favourite. Blender has the biggest mix of efforts.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Dubcat wrote:
    Hi, i've only been out on my bike a couple of times in the last 9 months. Now i have a 100 mile sportive with some decent size hills coming up and i'm not finding the time to get out on my bike much at all.

I want to use sufferfest to get some turbo time in. Which videos would help me most in training for a hilly 100 mile sportive?

Thanks,
    Dub

Good though they undoubtedly are, I can't help thinking that it will take more than a couple of sufferfest vids to get you round a 100 miler....
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 737
    I have a reasonable level of fitness as i have been running a fair bit (did the london marathon in April). I did a 70 mile ride with my cycling club a few weeks ago too and didn't die - although there was a gigantic cake stop in the middle and no serious hills. So, i'm starting from some kind of base - i know i am not ready and i know i have not really trained properly though. I just need to do as much as i can and gut it out. I will try to get out on my bike but i will resort to the turbo if i can't (due to work and family pressures on my time). Also for this week i am stuck in a hotel in california and the only access to anything resembling a bike is a exercise bike in the hotel gym.

In summary, i know you are right and agree.
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito