Garmin to Strava

rossco90
rossco90 Posts: 16
Hi folks,

I have recently bought a Garmin computer but I still want to use Strava for segments etc. However, when I upload my data from garmin to strava, none of my segment times are given an overall position on the leader board, only personal records. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so is there a way to rectify it?

Cheers,

R

Comments

• JDinho
    JDinho Posts: 16
    Are your rides marked as private?
  • rossco90
    rossco90 Posts: 16
    No, just checked.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Link to said rides?
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Your best time is on the leader board and the time you did for each ride you are looking at is under segment details, right hand side above the segment profile.
  • PhunkyPhil
    PhunkyPhil Posts: 143
    I bet its a Strava issue. I quite often don't get given the KOMs when I set them.

I make ride private aNd then public again after an hour or so so the site has to process the ride again. Or delete ride and upload again.

I think their site is falling apart because of all the users it now has and their lack of investment in keeping it running.
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    rossco90 wrote:
    Hi folks,

I have recently bought a Garmin computer but I still want to use Strava for segments etc. However, when I upload my data from garmin to strava, none of my segment times are given an overall position on the leader board, only personal records. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so is there a way to rectify it?

Cheers,

R

If you don't match the segments start and end, it won't count towards the segment time. Not sure what the tolerance is, but you need to get pretty close to start and end of segment.

As for investment, have you seen the beta routes? Could be pretty big, if linked well to heat map routes.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire