Terribly early Tuesday

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning gimps,

New build hit a stumbling block yesterday as my cranks do not fit. Despite lots of checking and rechecking of info to make sure I could use ht2 cranks with a bb92, I never thought to ask the previous owner which cranks they were running. Turns out the bb is for gxp, my cranks do not fit, so need to find an lbs who can sort it for me tomorrow morning so I can still get out for a ride. I don't fancy my chances.

Laters

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Ste-t it's an opportunity to upgrade :)

Mornin

Work meh here we come, judging by the emails I received yesterday it's a day of people issues, great. Need to be handy getting out of dodge city today as I'm babysitting whilst the current wife goes out with the au/pair - it's wrong and will also mean a second day without ale!

Laters
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A good night's sleep sees me in a good mood this morning. I wonder how long this will last.

I'm on a countdown towards the weekend and a week off so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just downloaded a load of gpx files onto my phone so there should be plenty of route options to choose from. I just hope the weather hold for next week. Failing that I do know a few good ale houses to spend some time in.

Work today will consist of procrastination and very little else productive. T'interweb browsing will occupy a lot of the time.

Later......
  • ste_t
    matthew h wrote:
    Ste-t it's an opportunity to upgrade :)

Ordinarily I would, but I have a full ht2 10sp setup already and most of a 9sp set, so don't want to splash out on new cranks, cassette and chain.
  • Morning Losers!

Well, this morning sees me with a pot on my left ankle, after being awkwardly thrown in Judo last night. Right at the end of the session too :roll: So today I get to enjoy being at home all day being an invalid.

Good job I'm out of the CC2CC I suppose, won't be out of the pot in time for it. Nobody told me at the hospital about when to go back to work! I need to go in tomorrow, as I'm the only one htat can do a certain function. Commuting will be fun :?

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I drank far too much whiskey last night as i'm wrestling with some decisions in my head.

I've already eaten my lunch as I felt I needed it to soak up some alcohol. I think i'm still going to go and get a bacon and egg roll as it's one of those days :lol:

laters
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    welshkev wrote:
    I drank far too much whiskey last night as i'm wrestling with some decisions in my head.

Always the best way. There's never been a bad decision made whilst drunk. :roll:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cicatriz wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Always the best way. There's never been a bad decision made whilst drunk. :roll:

luckily the decision is far from made, but it may involve more whiskey tonight to help :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,150
    edited August 2013
    Afternoon 'Tards,

Was wheezing like an asthmatic smoker on the pedal in today, that's what a weeks holiday of too much food and slobbing around does for you at my age :) Time for lunch which hopefully a visiting advisor will buy for me if I can wait a bit longer for him to show up before my stomach inverts itself due to hunger.

I've signed up to next years 'London Ride 100' or whatever its called after being challenged by a mate. I know I'm going to regret this as it may turn me into a roadie like has happened to a few on here who have started to pedal for 'the other team'...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ste_t
    Possibly found the right bearings for bb95 on the new bike - £40! Then have to pay for fitting elsewhere as the workshop is fully booked for the next week and a half. Trek - you're a bunch of robbing barstards!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work meh. People I know all seem to be buying houses and asking me to do the work. Still if I'm busy I still have a job so that must be a good thing.

Weekend plans are coming together. Lunch with the girls on Saturday (accompanied by much drinking), Sevens rugby watching Sunday (accompanied by much drinking), lying around trying to rehydrate Monday. Bridezilla has put her foot down and banned me from the bike for the next couple of weekends as I am not allowed to have cuts and bruises in the wedding photos... Only three weeks to hold out and not lynch someone in my frustration.

Gym tonight to try and maintain my sanity.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've signed up to next years 'London Ride 100' or whatever its called after being challenged by a mate.

I have also signed up for this - hopefully get an entry. I see a drinking opportunity :)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Some idiot has sent me work, but keeps phoning up and changing their mind as to what needs doing. They need a falcon punch. That's what needs doing.

The evening will consist of checking the warranty on the blu ray player. think something may have come loose
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!