The car park in work.

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited August 2013 in Commuting chat
I lean my bike against a car. I have plenty to chose from :lol:

ykha.jpg

Actually out of date Google Earth satellite imagery of where I work
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Not sure whether I am amazed or disgusted by the amount of cars. Surely that isnt actually the carpark, unless you work at an airport....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As the cars are parked 4 nose to tail, it's clearly not a conventional car park, more like a strorage area for new or used cars.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    As the cars are parked 4 nose to tail, it's clearly not a conventional car park, more like a strorage area for new or used cars.....
    and there is a BIG one of those in/near Bristol. I remember driving over it on the bridge.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • It's either the car park for a car factory. Or more likely a port where the cars are driven off the ship and stored until they can be delivered to dealers.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's either the car park for a car factory. Or more likely a port where the cars are driven off the ship and stored until they can be delivered to dealers.
    Or the other way round, we still export a stack of cars!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    It's either the car park for a car factory. Or more likely a port where the cars are driven off the ship and stored until they can be delivered to dealers.
    Or the other way round, we still export a stack of cars!

Yes, it could well be both of course.
  • I spend a summer working at portbury docks in bristol for car importers, plenty of souless car parks like that one. Good fun motoring about fiat's and Alfa but I loved watching the staff being taught how to get a car on and off a car transporters untill the clutch was burnt to a crisp. They then just add it back into the queue and someone get's to buy that one!
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The image is from Google Earth from a MapMyRide fly through and somewhat out of date. Our warehouse now occupies half the car park that was Honda in Avonmouth. The block of cars where I finish is still a car park and the building now occupies the space directly my end point.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.