xrecymech
xrecymech Posts: 27
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
image_zpse3b6334b.jpg

Comments

• Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Nice bike mate ...

Ya know you've got it bad when ya bikes got its own bed :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • ukmkh
    ukmkh Posts: 21
    Nice bike! Love that your bike is on your bed! :mrgreen:
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks nice, what's the spec.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Nice bike (just bought one but not got it yet) What wheels are those? Went for this over the pro carbon from px. Full carbon frame with full 105 for £1200 was too good to pass up. How does it ride? Comfortable?
  • focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    Looks brill mate!
  • Rides well, frame feels stiff, but comfortable enough for 6-7 hour rides. Wheels are Chinese carbon clinchers haven't got them anymore, my brother had a pair and he had a delamination problem on front wheel coming down buttertubs, they replaced the rim but that was enough for me to get them on eBay. Full spec on bike as it is today is sram force groupset, rotor3d cranks, 105 pedals, deda zero 100 bars, stem and seatpin with ksyrium elite S wheels, all in weighs about 17.5 pounds and is a 56cm frame, so altogether not 3 bad
  • Camcycle1974
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Got to wait for the 50cm i ordered to come in. Hope it's not too long. Coming from a giant defy but i never found that particularly comfortable. Got some hand built wheels to go on it which are going to look awesome against the matte frame. How easy is it to keep clean?
  • xrecymech
    xrecymech Posts: 27
    edited August 2013
    I suppose that depends on how much cow sh1t and mud is on the roads where you ride and how hard you ride, it scrubs up well, but the top tube and every tube below gets streaky as hell when your pissing sweat off your head, cos its carbon finish it is very noticeable, I clean it when i think it looks a bit shabby or when other riders comment on how scruffy it looks.
  • And tip to all, don't buy SRAM, it's sh1te, the cranks that were on this went back after thread insert for pedal came loose on chain set side and just as I set off uphill from my house tonight, right shifter packed in so couldn't change down, changing to shimano ASAP, might be a bit heavier but is likely to last longer than two seasons.
  • Camcycle1974
    Thanks for the tips. Not likely to ride it in the wet but will probably sweat on it. How come you had SRAM on it? Gone 105 on mine. Could only choose shimano or campag when I was speccing mine. Got to wait about a month I reckon for them to get more 50" frames.
  • I only bought frame, had all the stuff from previous bike that had frame relegated to winter duties