Melancholy Monday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

After a decent weekend, I really don't want to go back to work today. Meh.

I discoverd yesterday that a website we are supposed to have job adverts for my new minions on, doesn't have them on. Mentioned it to my boss, and have had several expletives in reply. I wouldn't want to be in whoever's position it is at work to put the adverts today. They're about to have an irate Glaswegian woman storming in!

Judo later.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

More vet meh begins today, except it's involving farm type stuff so should be fun. Just need to get up and get on really. Then relaxing this evening.

TTFN
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Work, work, then grocery shopping, then domestic chores.

Then maybe I clean the bike - which is as close to it as I get today!

Living the dream, me!

Onwards! To coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No meh today as we are off to Alton towers :)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

this weekend went way too fast!!! :x

had a good uplift day at cwmcarn yesterday. I had 2 offs though, both in the same place :lol: ripped my new knee pads and my sock of all things!!! but luckily not my body :D

aching a bit today, so i'll sit at my desk and look busy.

laters
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Morning Plebs and Plebettes

Pretty decent monday so far....

got to play mechanic and fix a new DPU... hid out the rain.... got a big wedge of paperwork handed over and with 15mins to spare in the day 8)

gym later to lift lightish weights at high reps to heaving beats.... aka a bodypump class... envisaging sore muscles tomorrow....

probably something tasty for dinner as the better half has been home for a good wee while :D

enjoy your day
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning twonks

weekend as usual went too quickly, was reasonably clank'd all weekend so feel quite good!

Off up the wilds of lincolnshire today to look at a poorly war plane! Half hour making the right noises then it will be pub o clock i reckon!

Toodle pip one and all
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Day off for me. Had a lie in, gonna have breakfast then off to the gym for a couple of hours whilst waiting for my seatpost to turn up. Then onwards to bike-putting-together-ness.

Will cap off what should be a good day by going out to dinner, with an emphasis on chicken & ribs.

Laters!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A good weekend, albeit very wet, was had. I got properly H’d on Friday then was in Kendal on Saturday and Coniston and Ambleside on Sunday. It finally stopped raining about mid afternoon on Sunday.

Today will be the usual Monday stuff, trying to catch up on the goings on in here over the weekend. I’m also on a countdown to a week off next week so hopefully all will go smoothly this week.

Badminton after work then catch up on some sleep.

Later……
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Monday has landed with a bang, boo!
    Twas my birfday on sat, so pleasant day loafing was followed by a trip out for a large meal and a few ciders courtesy of SWMBO, can't be bad.
    Got a few trial tools (folding saw, folding shovel etc.) so some covert fettling will ensue round the local trials this week, yay!
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning, trying to have a productive day. So far cancelled my old home insurance policy, ordered a new wheelie bin as some rat bag has nicked our, and next up to paint. Oh how I hate glossing!
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning, truly mopey today after having raced at Hadliegh farm yesterday the course was awesome just a shame my legs weren't up to it, bonked big time on lap 4... that is a hard course... the pics & video don't do it justice.

Onwards to getting my legs working again and chuntering lots to anyone who will listen about what could have been if only....
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work is yuck. Bridezilla and brother in law have annoyed me greatly on Saturday by wasting my day, however they did leave their Ipad in my car and aren't coming back for two weeks so I get to play with it until they return. Good fun riding yesterday when I refused to get out of the car until it stopped raining and the sun emerged for the rest of the afternoon, which meant I got bacons for lunch and then chips on the way home.

Mothership has got a new kitten which is pretty funny. It's climbing up the curtains and sofas and the old cat refuses to come in the house or near us now and just hisses at us from her perch on the roof as we walk by.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    evening party monkies...

made it to lunch with out falling asleep at my desk which is a supperd acheivment today.. good day out yesterday and sat spent packing so almost ready to move hopefully on Friday...

Might sneak off for a ride tongiht see if i can completly exhaust myself so i actually sleep tonight.
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Greetings numptys of the Crud...
    off work this week and the weather looks to be good as well, yay. Legs are stiff today after yesterdays ride and even managed to ride a few bits for the first time that looked decidely dodgy for my newbie skills. Also I didn't manage to fall off which is a bonus, so apart from my lack of fitness I think I might slowly be improving.

Bad news today is I have another trip to the dentist later on for an extraction and either a filling or a root canal depending on the xray :shock: .I really don't like going to the dentist, glad they are finally getting fixed after being on emergency only for the last 8 years or so but hate it when they start sticking sharp objects in my mouth.

I think I need a wider set of bars now as my hands tend to grip past the bar ends, so I think abit of virtual window shopping may be on the cards. Have to wait until I get paid at the end of the month before I can buy some new shiny bits.
  • Morning homos.

So my SLX groupset has just rocked up at the office.

Well, I say SLX groupset, but apparently, what has happened is that Merlin came to pick my order, and found they're out of SLX shifters.

Hello free XT upgrade!!!!!

Hellsyeah! You go Merlin!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Afternoon Cruddies,

First day back at work for 10 days and I'm just having lunch now - chilli chicken and rice and it's hot enough to make me sweat a bit. Minions kept things ticking over quite well but everyone wants a piece of my time now, so people are getting the brush off. Now for more work...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]