Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0

mechanism
mechanism Posts: 891
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
9526714161_3678418932_c.jpg

9537285064_286e475fe5_c.jpg

9534493965_f13486aa4d_c.jpg

9537806454_ee6c41fd51_c.jpg

Size is medium (or 56 cm), equipped with mechanical Dura Ace 9000 and Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels.

Comments

• graemeho
    graemeho Posts: 36
    you were lucky mine also just arrived 14 weeks wait! with acknowledged delivery delays. First ride out tomorrow all being well.
  • mechanism
    I added some photos.
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Nice ride
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    awesome looking bike! and cracking photos - how did you get it to stand up?
    but your valves are not at 6 oclock sorry lol
    i need more bikes
  • pablo872
    pablo872 Posts: 80
    sutton harbour...plymouth?
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    I've seen a couple of these posted on here but yours is the first that defies gravity.
  • mechanism
    It is Sutton Harbour yes. I used a piece of perspex and mild Photoshopping... apologies for the valves.
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Very nice looking bike and photos.

Is it possible to take pics like that on my simple Panasonic Lumix compact? Is there a name for that technique, getting the foreground really sharp and the background blurry - something I could google? Thanks!
  • mechanism
    Depth of field is the term used, in this case shallow depth of field. It's controlled by the aperture of the lens (thats the f-numbers such as f/4), as well as the distance between the subject and the background, and the focal length of the lens.

If your camera has an aperture-priority or manual exposure mode then you can control depth of field to an extent although a long lens helps.
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Thanks for the info, I always like those types of photos, especially for showing off bikes! I'll have a look at what my little camera can do.
  • mechanism
    I forgot to mention sensor size as another factor - better get that in before someone points out the error.