Anyone doing the Prosecco GF this year?

I am thinking of nipping over to do this event and was just wondering if anyone else on here was doing it.

I might have some questions you see :roll:

Comments

• dnwhite88
    dnwhite88 Posts: 285
    I am :)
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • Can I ask you some dumb-ass questions?
  • dnwhite88
    ......yes?
  • Nice one.

Having not entered a euro event before I am slightly confused by the registration process. There are fields for licence and medical certificate and I don't have either of these things, does one need some sort of licence to participate and have you got a medical certificate, if so just from your GP ?
  • dnwhite88
    As far as I'm aware-you just need a British cycling bronze membership (go to the site), a friend of mine did it last year and that's all they checked-a couple of guys didn't have theirs and had to head down to the local doctor who gave them a look over and signed a piece of paper and charged them €40 for the privelage!
  • I am already a BC bronze member so that is good news. Maybe I will check with my doctor to see if he can provide me with anything just to be safe, after all BC membership doesn't mean you are fit does it?

Thank you for your comments, very good of you to take the time to post.

I will update the thread if I find out anything interesting from the quack.
  • dnwhite88
    Are you going with a tour company? It may be their policy to cover their backsides in case you keel over. I'd imagine the event will just have a disclaimer you have to sign saying if you die it's not their fault. I'm sure the doctor will look at you, probably take your blood pressure and sign a note confirming you're not on any meds but let me know what he says.
  • Nah, I am just flying over there and joining in hopefully but I will let you know what doc says.