Any old skaters

Woodmonkey
Woodmonkey Posts: 412
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Sports direct are selling vision street wear, is this the same brand I was wearing c.1988 or has someone just bought the name
pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo

Comments

• Same brand but had a big falling away when skating lost popularity.
    Stopped sponsoring riders and it looks like they stopped employing designers - they still carry the same designs that I was wearing in 1988.

They have been going in the US, but stopped shipping in the UK.
    Looks like they are trying to restart operations over here. But for a different market - if you shop online now, you will find them being sold in ASOS and Topman. :(
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I've bought a couple of pairs of their boots lately - £15 from there

they're very poor quality in comparison of old. I remember my old visions were bomb proof and used to take ages to wear through from the griptape. the new ones I've got haven't lasted 6 months of general wear and tear
  • Saw this when I was in the other day, brought back memories of my old Vision Jinx.
  • My first vert board was a Vision Jason Danforth. I also had a Vision Jason Lee street deck at one point.
    Wore a VSW flame jumper and some yellow and black cow-print boots too.
    (Shouldn't shout too loud about that one though :oops: )
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Sports Direct do a great line in shite with formally good brand names on Airwalk & Karrimor are the first that spring to mind. Used to love my Airwalks in the 90's got a pair from sports direct and they only lasted about 4 months.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    If Sports Direct are selling them then I'd imagine that they are yet another brand that Ashley has hoovered up and is "re-born" to suit his pile it high/sell it cheap to gullible badge merchants methods. See also Kangol, New Balance, Karrimor, Lonsdale etc.etc.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Not New Balance.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    If Sports Direct are selling them then I'd imagine that they are yet another brand that Ashley has hoovered up and is "re-born" to suit his pile it high/sell it cheap to gullible badge merchants methods. See also Kangol, New Balance, Karrimor, Lonsdale etc.etc.
    What's wrong with new balance, karrimor, lonsdale etc? I work at sports direct and yeah we sell some shite, but those are the better ones.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    They might be poor quality but I'd be seriously tempted if the bring out the old black board shorts or a white t shirt with the big logo' might need a larger size than I used to have!!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • 66split
    66split Posts: 1
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    They might be poor quality but I'd be seriously tempted if the bring out the old black board shorts or a white t shirt with the big logo' might need a larger size than I used to have!!
    They do still do em...they pop up in TK Maxx now and then. Still have a couple of the original long sleevers from about 88. Nice.