Good Sherwood Pines red route time?

rapid_donkey
rapid_donkey Posts: 448
edited August 2013 in Routes
Went to Sherwood Pines this weekend and did a 49 minute lap of the red route. This included a few quick stops to take on water, so maybe 46 or 47 minutes without stops.
It felt quite quick, is that a reasonable time to do it in? Anyone else timed themself?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    12 minutes. Try again.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Takes me about a hour and ten but that's a group ride not pushing, I would say 49 mins is quick? I always intended to see how quick i could get round pushing and was hoping for under 50 mins.
  • Beanyman
    Beanyman Posts: 25
    PB is 1 hour 2 mins including stops so far. Not bad as I'm carrying an extra stone or so ... I expect the time to come down as my weight reduces.

Stop included picking up the bite valve from my Camlebak off of the muddy floor and wiping squash off of my leg. Must have bit and turned my head :oops:

I'm there again on Sunday. Must. Try. Harder.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    KOM is 34 minutes. The guys in 3rd and 4th are certainly very quick riders, so it's a fair indication.

46 minutes would put you about 250/1763, so insofar as Strava can be relied on to give a reasonable cross section of the riding population, you are in the 14th percentile.
  • scarbs85
    scarbs85 Posts: 170
    I'm think* the KOM was set before they did a bit of trail work. Instead of a straight bomb down some rolling fireroad (the only fireroad section of any length) there is now a switchback descent and climb, which will slow lap times down. Either way, 49 minutes is by no means a bad run, and as you learn the corners it really is a fast trail to ride.

*apologies to the KOM holder if that time was set after the trail works, for the disservice I have done to your very impressive time!