Ludicrous Fight Threads

Dmak
Dmak Posts: 445
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
Just been looking back at old posts. I recall my first few posts, especially in this thread;

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12727906

It turned into something very silly and got locked.

This sort of thing makes for an entertaining read! :D

Please share the first thread that comes to mind.

Any pointless bickering over which thread is best is of course, welcome. :)

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Scum like you give us proper cyclists a bad name!........ Do you know where I can buy some crack?..... for a friend
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Please do not reply to this thread - it links to a spambot that copies your IP address and will fill your email with spam and hack into it.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    that sure did escalate quickly!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Dmak
    seanoconn wrote:
    Scum like you give us proper cyclists a bad name!........ Do you know where I can buy some crack?..... for a friend

Proper cyclists like you give scum like me a good name! Sorry no crack about, all got smoked before my last sportive.
  • seanoconn
    Dmak wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Proper cyclists like you give scum like me a good name! Sorry no crack about, all got smoked before my last sportive.
    You're supposed to smoke it?! That's where I've been going wrong :lol:
  • Dmak
    What a shame, no links, I was hoping for some good reading tonight! Damn you, damn you all! ;)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Dmak wrote:
    What a shame, no links, I was hoping for some good reading tonight! Damn you, damn you all! ;)

Just Google 'Big Omar'. Not for the faint hearted. Not for the squeemish. Don't say: 'Look Mum, have a look at that'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Dmak
    Dmak wrote:

Just Google 'Big Omar'. Not for the faint hearted. Not for the squeemish. Don't say: 'Look Mum, have a look at that'.

Tight fit.
  • seanoconn
    Dmak wrote:
    Dmak wrote:

Tight fit.
    In light of this I googled myself, with equally impressive results 8)

Then I googled pinarello001...... Slightly less impressive :lol: but boy, can he grovel :lol:
  • Dmak
    seanoconn wrote:
    In light of this I googled myself, with equally impressive results 8)

Then I googled pinarello001...... Slightly less impressive :lol: but boy, can he grovel :lol:

The first thing I see is an amazing, grovelling apology.....Ohhh dear I see you said "grovel", not "groove". I was looking for a dancing video!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The problem ive found with forum life is that there will be people who will try and either make you look a fool or do their level best to cause offence.
    Best to shrug it off, their punishment will always be that the next morning when they wake they realise that when looking in the mirror it is still them looking back.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    VTech wrote:
    The problem ive found with forum life is that there will be people who will try and either make you look a fool or do their level best to cause offence.
    Best to shrug it off, their punishment will always be that the next morning when they wake they realise that when looking in the mirror it is still them looking back.

I have never been offended on here, my taking offence threshold is way off the scale.
    As for people making me look a fool, like everyone else, I usually manage that all by myself. No help needed.
  • seanoconn
    VTech wrote:
    If you don't take yourself or forum life too seriously, no one can make a fool of you.
  • VTech
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    If you don't take yourself or forum life too seriously, no one can make a fool of you.

Its the word "try" that is the issue though surely. ?
    I find that these very same type of people are those that are either lacking, underachieving or have little self confidence and so spend their time trying to have a pop at others.
    If only they knew that the field was level and that by diverting that anger and upset into a positive direction they would achieve so much more. Then there would be less upset, less unemployment and more goals achieved.

I feel so philosophical this morning :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • seanoconn
    In regards to the forum I think you may be reading a little too much into why people post what you regard as negative comments, although, there are thousands of members so you may be right in some cases.
  • VTech
    I should have pointed out however than on the whole I have found that the vast majority have been sound.
    I like the banter, I dont really get offended, I just wished people would make the most of them-self without getting angry and upset at others.
    I dont have so much time on my hands of later with my new development taking almost all of my time so I do miss my "daily dose" of BR forum :)
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    VTech wrote:
    I should have pointed out however than on the whole I have found that the vast majority have been sound.
    I like the banter, I dont really get offended, I just wished people would make the most of them-self without getting angry and upset at others.
    I dont have so much time on my hands of later with my new development taking almost all of my time so I do miss my "daily dose" of BR forum :)

Should we be offended, being likened to 'getting a dose'. :lol:
    Good luck with your new venture.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    VTech wrote:

Horses for courses. Everybody has their own opinion and they are entitled to it whether I agree with them or not.

I took the sh1t that I received after the 'oriental thread' as a sort of self-flagulation on the chin.

Anyways, this is BB and its all gone a bit too serious. I think we need some pictures of Nina noorks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • VTech wrote:

whens that fack ing BBQ!?! running out of time man, its feeling distinctly autumnal