The unamused Wednesday thread

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning,

On a wine course in Leeds today. Unfortunately this involves leaving the house at 5.30am and won't return until 10.30pm tonight. Not particularly happy.

Later

Comments

• Where abouts in Leeds are you tasting wine?

Morning Losers!
    Well, I've no internet at home at the moment. Apparently there are engineers in the area doing some work. It should resume tonight though... we shall see.

This means I really should do something more interesting that watch the tv (which was rubbish last night!) A bit of tidying up is in order, and I really should go for that run...

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    Where abouts in Leeds are you tasting wine?

External course, but held at O'Neill's - hopefully won't involve too much of their wine! Done a few wine tastings at wineries in Portugal, Sicily and France so Leeds is a bit less glamorous.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

went to bed early last night as I was knackered after my first xc ride in weeks. but my son had other ideas and woke up every 10 mins til midnight and he then came into our bed :x

but on th eplus side, my new nomad is a beast of a bike 8) it climbs really well and flies downhill. just got to fettle it a bit and it's sorted.

I've just consumed a bacon roll so things are looking up.

laters :D
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    This morning’s good mood didn’t last long. Feckin’ half wit commuters. One just came barrelling through a set of traffic lights on red and proceeded to cycle up the middle of the road, then it was the commuter who cycles in an swaying S pattern all over the road and finally, muppet number 3, turning right across traffic without either hand signal or looking is only ever going to cause someone to get hurt and to shout at you.

Enough of that though. This is the last day before the boss man return and, so far, everything has gone smoothly. I could be cut out for this senior management malakry after all.

Got a ‘Heart Start’ course tonight at the local Fire Station so that should be quite interesting.

Tea and maximum loafing around today.

Later……
  • ste_t
    cicatriz wrote:

I could be cut out for this senior management malakry after all.

Tea and maximum loafing around today.

Later……

Definitely.
  • ste_t wrote:
    Where abouts in Leeds are you tasting wine?

External course, but held at O'Neill's - hopefully won't involve too much of their wine! Done a few wine tastings at wineries in Portugal, Sicily and France so Leeds is a bit less glamorous.
    The O'Neil's behind the Town Hall? Ahhh many a day I have spent in there getting absolutely H'd! Nice pub, but not sure I'd want to go wine tasting there.
    That said, I'd much MUCH rather be there than here. I have the joys of filling in risk assessments :(
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    That said, I'd much MUCH rather be there than here. I have the joys of filling in risk assessments :(

I have SSOW and RAMs to complete today (the SSOW is up to 120 pages so far!). Man, I hate machine commisioning.
    I've then get to develop a set of documentation to cover our recent testing and present a progress report to the customer.

I'd best be getting on with then! But first....

Mornin' window lickers,

No bacons today because I'm still digesting last nights 'greatest pork hock in the world'. It was a f*****g epic piece of pig, and now I know of this eatery, I shall be making a return visit.

Onwards! To coffee! And paper work!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Slightly hungover this morning after spending the evening up at the tennis club, horsey stuff going on today and that's about it really, until the small animal people start creating a fuss and demand we go and help. Only a couple more days of it to go before the weekend, then it's on to cows and other farmy type animals which I'm quite looking forward to.

TTFN
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy place here today!

Good ride in to counter last nights cider :) Today is board report all day - the joys
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning crudders...

1st ride for 9 days tonight, the longest i've been off the bike for aaaaages... actually starting to feel good again now so roll on 5 o'clock.

In other news, the mrs purchased smoked bacon marinated in beer from a farmers market, had it last night, it was lush - I shall not be trading her in for a while yet.
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Some mates turned up for an impromtue meal last night, 3L of wine later and its midninght. No wonder my eyes are half shut today.

Got round a plumbing issue too so onwards to an apple (stupid diet), soup(stupid diet), tea and pipe fettling.

Very doubtful if the heckler will get a ride tonight though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mmm two sleeps till i can go stalking people in the Wye vally.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Clank wrote:

I have SSOW and RAMs to complete today (the SSOW is up to 120 pages so far!). Man, I hate machine commisioning.
    I've then get to develop a set of documentation to cover our recent testing and present a progress report to the customer.
    I've completed 3 Risk Assessments, and put for most of the things "Training and Concentration" Apparently "Common Sense" is not acceptable, though filling one in about soldering:
    Risk - touching the hot iron Remedy - Don't be f****g retard!*

*Replaced with 'Training and Concentration' :roll:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Clank wrote:

I've completed 3 Risk Assessments, and put for most of the things "Training and Concentration" Apparently "Common Sense" is not acceptable, though filling one in about soldering:
    Risk - touching the hot iron Remedy - Don't be f****g retard!*

*Replaced with 'Training and Concentration' :roll:

I used to hate filling them out. most of mine were trip hazards...apparently "watch where you're f..cking going" isn't an appropriate answer either
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Morning all, its been a while.

totally unamused Wednesday due to my new neighbour thought loud Radio Head at 2am was a good idea.

however I didn't :cry:

oh and poxy weather, messing up all the trails :roll:
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    nicklouse wrote:

Remind me not to go home this weekend!

Work is yuck and weather is yuck. Nasty nurse has left me with a lovely bruise from bloods yesterday. I achieved the sum total of not doing any of the boring chores I tasked myself with yesterday afternoon, bar food shopping and scaring some men in bikes shops by going in and buying stuff.

Gym tonight.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon mong lovers.

Today free food and work, then home maybe pack a bit more gotta be out in about 2 weeks which is a bit scary then im homeless :) well technically not i can go back to my olds for a bit but still...
  • nicklouse
    MissCMC wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Remind me not to go home this weekend!
    sure Friday night or Saturday morning! :mrgreen:

opps forgot I am meeting a strange person in a carpark on Friday night near Bristol so maybe next weekend :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Prynhawn da.

Well back to work this week after the big move back to Cardiff on the 1st. Lots of lounging was done and a few catch up beer and bowling days were had.TV and internet was installed yesterday. Bike brakes were broken and after swearing and buying the wrong bits they're sorted.
    Feels odd living on my own but i'm sure that'll pass. But being back in civilisation (well Cardiff) is just the thing i needed.

toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    People in work are bitching, they need punching in the face. work is also going very slow, granted there's not much that needs doing
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening all,

bit of an ish day today, had to take cakes in for winning the d1ck of the month award last month! I was hardly there last month so feel slightly agrieved! Ho hum!

Other than that have done a lot of sitting around talking tough!!

Pip pip!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    Just got back from workings for the day, open up my laptop and find all my emails are already downloaded and a few of them read, meaning someones been on it, the only person who's been in today is my brother. Time to kick the shit out of him and put a password back on here, god knows why he was on it in the first place though as there's nothing on here bar some music and my uni work.
  • nicklouse
    Angry Bird wrote:
    god knows why he was on it .
    checked your browsing history?
  • angry_bird
    nicklouse wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    god knows why he was on it .
    checked your browsing history?

Yep, it's been wiped which I certainly didn't do, he must think I'm stupid :roll:
  • angry_bird
    He's brave messing around with me as I've reminded him, he went on my computer and stole my A level chemistry coursework a few years back and tried to pass it off as his own. I'd have thought he'd learnt by now. I have no problem doing something like this again.

9510023915_6005c4c39f_z.jpg
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hello Scuttlers

Been a bit blue arrised fly of late, but I will explain more tommorrow when I have chance to actually breathe and say hi to everyone properly
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp