2013 FOCUS Izalco Pro 2.0

amnesia
amnesia Posts: 118
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
I've lurked on here for ages, so I thought it was about time I showed you all my new bike :D

focus01.jpg

focus02.jpg

focus03.jpg

The Retul fit suggested I could lose a couple of spacers without affecting my geometry too much, so will probably do this soon.

Spec :
FOCUS Izalco Pro 2.0 frame and forks 540mm
Shimano Ultegra Di2 groupset (except FSA Energy BB30 crankset)
Shimano Dura Ace C24 clinchers / Continental GP24 tyres / Specialized Turbo tubes
3T Ergonova Pro 420mm bars
3T ARX Pro 110mm stem
3T Dorico Pro 350/27.2mm post
Prologo Nago Evo TR 2.0 saddle
Speedplay Zero Stainless pedals
Cannondale Carbon Evo cage 20gr
Garmin Out Front Edge mount
Garmin Speed / Cadence sensor

Weight is around 7.3kg, although I'd like to get this down to 6.8 if possible without ditching the Di2.
I've only ridden ~150 miles on it, but already smashed a load of PRs on Strava and increased my speed up hills over my other bike... the Dura Ace wheels are super light for clinchers.

Here's what it is replacing

img01.jpg
2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice spec...
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    stunning looking bike.the focus bikes are very nice bikes.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Always liked Focus bikes, how much setback have you got on the saddle, and is that cable to the rear mech supposed to be like that?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • amnesia
    Always liked Focus bikes, how much setback have you got on the saddle, and is that cable to the rear mech supposed to be like that?

Saddle setback is quite extreme because although I have relatively average inseam (828mm), I have proportionally long femurs. It's comfortable though, which is the important thing.

Cable to rear mech is fine - that's as stretched out as it's going to get... the mech moves forwards as you change down the cassette.
  • daveyruthers
    daveyruthers Posts: 129
    I have the same bike, can you tell me how you fitted the cadence sensor? I've had real problems getting it fitted
    Bianchi Via Nirone
    Focus Izalco Pro 2.0
  • amnesia
    I have the same bike, can you tell me how you fitted the cadence sensor? I've had real problems getting it fitted

The same was as in this picture of my Tarmac...

img008.jpg

Long (supple) cable ties, sensor arm pointing up, not tucked inside the chain stay.
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    I love the Izalco frame. I couldn't afford one, so bought a Cayo Evo instead.
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    They say; once you go black, you never go back. So they were wrong...
  • I have recently discovered Focus bikes and can't wait to get one i just can't work out which to buy between the cayo evo 2.0 of the Izalco pro 2.0 . I'm thinking the Izalco

Any thoughts anyone ?

Great bike though , very jealous
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    Both bikes are very similar in geometry (identical in some sizes), but the Cayo rides a little bit more compliantly whereas the Izalco is a bit more 'direct' in it's ride characteristics.
  • amnesia
    denniskwok wrote:
    Both bikes are very similar in geometry (identical in some sizes), but the Cayo rides a little bit more compliantly whereas the Izalco is a bit more 'direct' in it's ride characteristics.

^^^ this... I've not ridden the Cayo, but after several rides of 75+ miles I am yet to get off the Izalco and wish it was more comfortable, although I have changed the saddle and fitted a carbon seatpost since I took the pics above.

Daniel.
  • Well I'm currently riding a cube peloton pro, so I'm guessing carbon frame going to be better what ever. I'm 6ft3 also the izalco does look great.I also quite like the de rosa r838 hard to know what to go for. Btw how are you finding the Di2 ??
  • bobmac64
    bobmac64 Posts: 22
    Just for comparison, what are some of the specs on the Tarmac?
    Where do you notice improvements on the ride characteristics of the new Focus?
    2012 Felt F85
  • Well I'm currently riding a cube peloton pro, so I'm guessing carbon frame going to be better what ever. I'm 6ft3 also the izalco does look great.I also quite like the de rosa r838 hard to know what to go for. Btw how are you finding the Di2 ??

De Rosa r838 is my current weapon of choice, love it to bits.