Awaiting arrival of Meerkat toy in the post!

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,197
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
Logged on to the Meerkat tracker.

It was good - Moscow to Madrid to Berlin to Helsinki to Paris to Dover. Apparently it is in Dover. At least they are honest about why its taking so bleeding long to get here. Unlike Yokel/Parcel Farce/ U Pi$$/Fud ex/White Sparrow/Jynx/Sh!ttylink/DHHell*

*TBH, DHL have been very good at delivering stuff form me all over the world despite there not being a depot locally.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Mine apparently fell off his bike into a canal in Amsterdam. But he got here eventually, safe and sound.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Mind you, he could have just called into one of Amsterdam's knocking shops and didn't like to say.
  • pinno
    Meerkat toy arrives in Scotland.
    I think I will gaffer tape him to my headtube to ward of evil spirits/trucks/communters.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i got this one the other week

20130813_145355_zps80aaae72.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I've used the jibbing bas****s for the past 2 years and never had so much as a mention of a meerkat toy!
    Do you have to actually request one before hand? :evil:
  • mudcow007
    i think i was given a code which you then have to enter into comparethemeerkat site...it then tells you its on its way n stuff

i must admit since receiving said meerkat, my life is now complete
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    mudcow007 wrote:
    i got this one the other week

20130813_145355_zps80aaae72.jpg
    And he poos pound coins! I've got to get myself one of those :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pituophis
    mudcow007 wrote:
    i think i was given a code which you then have to enter into comparethemeerkat site...it then tells you its on its way n stuff

i must admit since receiving said meerkat, my life is now complete

I can see how it must be complete, just as mine is so utterly empty :cry:
  • pinno
    Pituophis wrote:
    I've used the jibbing bas****s for the past 2 years and never had so much as a mention of a meerkat toy!
    Do you have to actually request one before hand? :evil:

Click on the 'Collect all 6 exclusive Meerkat toys' box, simples

Though I doubt your life will become complete once you have received you Meerkat Pituophis, maybe you need a Colnago or something for that. Perhaps you should negotiate with the OH and say to her in a hollywoodesque drowning in tears, mascara running style "My life isn't complete...sob...sniff...what I really need darling...sob..sniff...sob [extra effect] is a...sob..sniff..a Colnago, then I will be happy and we CAN live together in perfect harmony for the rest of our lives..."

My Meerkat arrived safely. I was going to tie him (Alexander) to the grille on the van with a cable tie, but then I thought that he would be covered in dead flies in no time and the Scottish weather is temperamental. Bit cruel.
  • Pituophis
    I don't see how tempting me with French aftershave will make up for a missing meerkat (or 2) while you show enough contempt to consider cable tying one to the front of your van!
    I suppose you'll gaffer tape a spanniel to the roof rack next :roll:
  • mudcow007
    Pituophis wrote:
    I don't see how tempting me with French aftershave will make up for a missing meerkat (or 2) while you show enough contempt to consider cable tying one to the front of your van!
    I suppose you'll gaffer tape a spanniel to the roof rack next :roll:

id prefer to gaffer tape a roof rack to a spanial, think of all that wasted carrying space
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Why is it that, given that there is only really one distinguishing physical feature of a meerkat (it's long body), the toys have them with short bodies. If you bought a giraffe toy, you'd expect it to have a long neck. A crocodile toy would be expected to have a big mouth full of teeth. A meerkat toy would have a long body. It isn't as though the irritating puppet ones in the adverts also have compressed spines. It seems odd. Possibly I am thinking too much about this but, in my defence, I at least don't own a meerkat toy........
    Faster than a tent.......