Norco Sight 2 2012 Linkage Bolt

Gez.od
Gez.od Posts: 13
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi There,

First post so go easy!

I purchased a Norco Sight 2 SE in July last year, Last Sunday I noticed some play in the rear suspension, on closer inspection I noticed that the main bolt that connects the rear linkage appears to have snapped.

I’ve taken the bike back to the retailer (Evans) who after speaking to Norco advised this wouldn’t be a warranty replacement. The part needs to come from Canada and may take a couple of weeks, after searching the internet i haven’t been able to find ay part suppliers in the UK.

Just wondering if anyone had any details of a parts supplier in the UK? This bike has had excellent reviews (And is great to ride) but looks like replacement bearings etc in the future may be a little hard to come by..

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gez

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Tell Evans to stuff it and sort it out. Part has failed, has nothing to do with the warranty but your basic rights under law.
  • Gez.od
    Thanks, the response from Evans was that Norco considered this wear a tear. But your right the more I think about it the more annoyed I get! Will head back to Evans.

It does open some questions about obtaining frame parts in the UK for the Norco range.

Cheers
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Bearings are wear and tear, a bolt like that, no way!
  • doug666jb
    doug666jb Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Did you get this resolved ok? I got my Norco Sight 2 July last year and the same bolt snapped. I took my bike back to Evens Bristol, who informed me that they hadn't seen this on a sight 2 before but had seen it on other bikes and the cause was me ridding the bike with the bolts loose!

To cut a long story short, they then told me that they were unable to tell how long it would be before I got a replacement part and will get my bike repaired.

More worryingly they said the bearings are ok and only one of the bolts need to be replaced.Any info would be helpful??
  • Gez.od
    Hi There,

Sorry for the late reply I only just saw this!

Got it sorted in the end, Norco Refused a warranty replacement, Evans Charged me for the bolt but swapped it out FOC. all in all took about two weeks to get it sorted, its been fine ever since. Personally I would say the Bolt was over tightened when the bike was built.