The Irritable Monday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I think I must have gotten out of the wrong side of bed this morning, as I feel a bit irritated. No idea why though, but I can imagine work is going to be a nightmare.

I've not bought a train ticket, so I have 2 choices, either get the bus into town and buy a ticket before the train (this could be pushing it depending on the bus being on time, this gives me about 5 minutes), or drive in.

Judo later, haven't been for a couple of weeks due to being away, so I think it might hurt.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• mudsucker
    mudsucker Posts: 730
    edited August 2013
    Morning.

Back to work today after having last week off racing at Cowes Week which was amazing (sailing for those who don't know).

Slept like sh1t as feeling too hot and things going round in my head. Feeling pretty irritable now too :-(

Might go for a road ride tonight as put on 3lbs on hols last week on hols and then maybe try to workout why the stumpjumper's gears are playing up.

Onwards to feeling more upbeat hopefully :-)
    Bikes are OK, I guess... :-)

2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.
    2013 Trek 1.2
    1982 Holdsworth Elan.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Meh

Also tired, self inflicted as after a day enjoying the Chav town of Trafford centre & Lego place the current wife and I went to the pub :) the bright side yesterday was getting some new sunglasses - haven't bought a pair for nearly a year which is some kind of record for me.

Today is meeting in our stoke branch and later something - but who know what
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Cheer up! S'only 5 more days before we get a weekend off again.

Mornin' window lickers

I had a great weekend, and I'm anticipating a very busy couple of days coming up. At least I won't be bored.

Onwards! To coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders. Horse stuff today. Meh. Might ride bikes this evening.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Off to work, busy productive day ahead.

Work night out tonight, but getting Clank'd again as back in work at 6am tomorrow.

What an exciting life I lead.

Laters
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Serious amounts of CBA today.

Nothing more to add.

Later......
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

well London was good but also sucked balls! had the parents in law with us and they insisted on doing all the touristy bollox that I hate. when I drove to the hotel I took them on a little tour past the houses of parliament, Piccadilly circus, Trafalgar square etc.

Saturday started good with a walk over tower bridge (my boy loves tower bridge and would spend all day there :lol: ) then a walk up the south bank stopping at a couple of pubs for refreshment 8) but then the mother in law wanted to go to Trafalgar sq, hang on I drove you around there about 3 hours ago ffs! and it continued in similar vein and then I got the blame cos everyone was tired after walking to the places that i'd bloody driven them around earlier in the day!!!

I went on the London eye and being scared of heights it absolutely scared the shit out of me :lol:

I didn't even get proper matthew h'd and bodeans was full :x

anyway, laters :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies,

generally a good weekend chilled Friday night, cake which is good. sat i did very little which was nice then riding followed by pub food yesterday which is a win!

Today had to book up autoglass to sort a chip out but least the insurance covers this so im not out of pocket. Just a few more hours in bed would be awesome rather than being in the office pretending to do work.

Laters.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Got back last night from a weekend away with the GF and my daughter, went out for a run at 6 this morning and now it's off to work but got to say not really feeling the love today to be looking at people's feet all day, in my mind work can do one today.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Morning, I appear to be turning into an angry roadie. most of my commute is on towpath and cycle lanes, but the last two miles is down main roads into the city, and the amount of ****ers who actually drive down the bus/taxi/cycle lanes is starting to wind me up something proper. I've taken to caning it past them and cutting in, which is going to end in tears at some point.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I believe the description for that cake Waylander should be amazing. Chocolate cake with chocolate and sweets on top is great! That probably means something else round here but I'm a girl so I will pretend not to hear.

Fell out with the mothership on Saturday in a blazing row so went home to Cardiff and enjoyed the peace of a house without a protein shaking crossfit addict in it. Peace and quiet.

Bikes on Sunday in the nice weather. Think Waylander is getting fed up of stalking me cos I'm too slow.

Our system has crashed in work so it's making for an interesting afternoon...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    true awesome cake...

And stalking is about patience, taking your time, being like smoke in the back ground, hiding behind a tree or two. :twisted: