Cycling clothing from eBay / China

suzygarbo
suzygarbo Posts: 52
edited November 2013 in Women's cycling forum
I've been looking for some new cycling clothing as the stuff I have is from go outdoors and not matching but has been great while I get started. I notice that other cyclists have all the matching outfits and look great, where do people get these from? I have seen some on eBay but am scared by the sizing etc, I'd like matching tops and bottoms etc.

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    You should be able to get matching kit from any retailer like wiggle, crc etc. I know wiggle do matching shorts and jersey in their DHB brand. I assume other clothing companies will also do matching kit.
  • Check out any of the online retailers. I know both wiggle and evans have got sales on at the moment and do free delivery. I picked up a new summer top pretty cheap from wiggle. Wiggle do free returns as well so you can order a load of different sizes and styles and only keep what you like.
  • Thanks! I've had a look on all over on the Internet but have to admit that the ladies stuff is naff! At least from abroad you can get something a bit different and not plain or pink! I see people with nice kit on but don't know where to get it from?
  • freezing77
    freezing77 Posts: 731
    suzygarbo wrote:
    Thanks! I've had a look on all over on the Internet but have to admit that the ladies stuff is naff! At least from abroad you can get something a bit different and not plain or pink! I see people with nice kit on but don't know where to get it from?
    Why don't you accost one of them and ask. I am sure not too many will take offence to you asking " I like your matching kit it looks nice, where did you get it from" ?
  • Yeah that's a good idea, I'll hide behind my shades for extra confidence
  • suzygarbo wrote:
    Thanks! I've had a look on all over on the Internet but have to admit that the ladies stuff is naff! At least from abroad you can get something a bit different and not plain or pink! I see people with nice kit on but don't know where to get it from?
    Thanks. It's always great to hear what you're wearing looks naff. I'll just keep working on the theory that its how fast you go that really counts, not how you look.
  • God no sorry thats not what I meant, I was just meaning nothing jumped out at me. I was hoping to get something colourful and different.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    suzygarbo wrote:
    God no sorry thats not what I meant, I was just meaning nothing jumped out at me. I was hoping to get something colourful and different.
    Colourful and different isn't the British way :lol:
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    depends what your after really, if its just matching team type kit, Bobshop.de has probably the largest choice of teams, WyndyMilla clothing can be quite colourful (they do the MG Maxifuel team kit). Whereas if its generic cycling kit, Ana Nichoola does some good stuff (the black star jersey is my fave current top) or Morvelo or Vulpine but things start to get expensive as its more bespoke low volume.

though alot of the more colourful team kit you see around is actually just cycling club kit,so its not really stuff you can buy off the shelf, mores the pity sometimes as some of them are done really well and look good.

but the stuff from China is invariably fake, some say its decent enough for the price,but you may find the old adage about buying budget buying twice is in effect.
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    Ebay is good for deals on Pro Team kit if you know how to spot the fakes. Stick to UK only + auctions and you'll filter out a lot of the guff. I just got a used Mapei jersey that looks superb for £26. I don't bother with team shorts, tend to be poor quality compared to 'proper' bibs. Prendas is good as well for the best retro stuff.
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • upton
    upton Posts: 40
    Gosh- seems some people get offended a bit too easily!

If you want team kit perhaps try the Wiggle Honda bibs and jerseys? Made by dhb and are female specific so should be decent. I know someone who rates them.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-ladies-team ... ve-jersey/
  • Thanks that is really nice, and its women's too I'm going to treat myself :)
  • I just ordered myself the Wiggle Honda team kit as it looks fab! should be here tomorrow, whoop...
    Hoping it makes me go faster too...! :D
  • I just ordered myself the Wiggle Honda team kit as it looks fab! should be here tomorrow, whoop...
    Hoping it makes me go faster too...! :D

This is great news! Would you please mind letting me know if the sizes are correct when it comes? As in you don't need to buy a size bigger or anything. Thanks!
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Ordered loads of jerseys and shirts from China over the years, including customized team kits (as seen on our site - link below) and never had any problems - great value!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • I ordered some kit from China once (Bianchi fake stuff). It does come up very large indeed if you are used to tiny Italian sizes. Also *hated* the pad they supplied with it (it was utterly massive), but I suppose that's the risk with buying stuff online that you don't try on. Ended up giving it away :(

I have bought many excellent vintage jerseys on eBay though (including an amazing Vetements jersey like this http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/1/8/6/3/9/webimg/691630849_tp.jpg). Sellers usually supply an armpit to armpit measurement so sizing is usually not a problem.