new frame to me and strip down of old bike (Finished)

biggs83
biggs83 Posts: 37
edited August 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi guys
I have just bought a giant vt off fleebay and its in brilliant condition
Its an 18 inch but has no rear shock, which should be here tomorrow a Fox rp23
most of the parts im putting onto it are fairly old and some are not complete groupings as you will see by the list

Frame: Giant vt 1 18 inch
Forks: Rockshox totem 160-180mm
Bars: DDG
Headset: FSA

Front brake set: Magura louise on 203mm hope rotor
Rear brake: Magura move hydraulic Rim (will be upgraded)

Front mech: Shimano Deore
Rear mech: Shimano Alivio

Seat: A nice comfy gel one
Seatpost: Raceface Evolve XC Seatpost 2012 (in the post)

Rear cassette: Cheap 7spd
Pedals: Old warn Odyssey

Front wheel: halo combat on hope pro v2 hub
Rear: old Mavic 521 on Shimano hub

Tyres: Tioga 2.1

Pictures below

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Don't see many of these around. Looks like its in nice condition for its age.
    Look up the old Sprung 1 film on YouTube, there's some cool film with Steve Geall hammering one of these.
  • biggs83
    Yeah Ill have a look at that
    I managed to pick it up for £170 inc postage and there are no scratches on it at all.I think it belonged to a guys wife. The only thing that's slightly off is the paint color in places. I just need to find someone or somewhere that has an instruction manual and pictures for everything on it, like the gear cable routing and stuff
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You won't get any sort of manual for that. Just look up some photo's for cable routing.
  • biggs83
    I've been looking and some pictures are ok but others are hard to see
    This is my first full suser and didn't realise about the length of the rear gear cable/outer casing, so Ive just gone and ordered new parts for what i need
  • biggs83
    Well i've finally finished my frame. Its been a few weeks but think it looks good.
    Just a few things to change like the front chainset and bottom bracket and maybe the bars and stem
    Been out on a ride and it feels nice, just strange as i've never had a full sus before
    Finished pictures below