As title will this work?
Giant defy 4. Sram force group and hope pro3 mavic open pro. 8.9kgs
Specialized P3 2000
Scott scale 60 custom

Comments

• paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    Why not ask Hope?
    I asked them if my FSA Gossamer cranks were compatible and they said not.
    However since then I have bought an HT2 compatible BB and managed to get it all to fit with spacers. So maybe Hope were wrong.
  • kmackdci
    kmackdci Posts: 79
    I shall be calling/emailing in the morning just wondered if anyone had any experience of said set up.
    Specialized P3 2000
    Scott scale 60 custom
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    FSA are Shimano cranks, so yes it will work.

I highly recommend Hope BB BTW.. fit and forget. Hope BB also work with GXP with the GXP shims.
    Simon
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    FSA light chainsets are a different size to the others, I know that you can't use Shimano BBs with FSA light so I'd check.
  • What Bozman said, also when fitting make sure you have a torque wrench handy.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    FSA are Shimano cranks, so yes it will work.

No they're not, the FSA carbon cranks require a narrower BB which uses 6mm bearings whereas HT2 etc use 7mm. Contact Hope but I think you'll find they're not compatible
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • kmackdci
    kmackdci Posts: 79
    Thanks guys. I've just received the both at once, the mega Exo just slides over the axle but the hope is snug and took a couple of taps but its on a turns lovely and smooth. Can any of you advise if this snug fit is what they refer to as running on the bearing without using the top hat?
    Specialized P3 2000
    Scott scale 60 custom
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Running without the top hat will probably reduce bearing life due to poorer water protection - running with will possibly shorten bearing life due to excess side load :~
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Bozman wrote:
    FSA light chainsets are a different size to the others, I know that you can't use Shimano BBs with FSA light so I'd check.

Thanks (and sorry for the misleading info), that's good to know as I assumed that they were the same (and the GXP were just different)
    Simon