MTB Beginner from Scotland

Angels-tale
Angels-tale Posts: 7
edited August 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi my name is Joanne, I've just got back into riding a bike after 6 yrs. I've never been properly shown how to MTB, mostly I've only cycled along the union canal or to and from where I had to be. So this is an exciting new challenge for me and loving it, I just need to build my confidence, improve on my technique and power/fitness. This year I bought a HT 2013 Carrera Kraken with the upgrades of Superstar nano pedals and Race Face half nelson lock on grips, so heres to many happy biking times :)

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Welcome to the best sport in the world your going to have lots of dirty fun. If your a complete novice a good idea is a skills course there are quite a few in Scotland, dont worry about not being fit enough or being the worst rider there we all started at the bottom and you will be twice the rider at the end.

Remember if your not falling off regulary your doing it wrong :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Hi Joanne

where abouts between Falkirk and Edinburgh are you?

Ross
  • Hi thanks Stubs dont worry haven't fallen much really. Yeah I was at Glentress not that long ago on the skills area and on the green and blue trails there, I had such a blast :) and i live in West Lothian.
  • Gibbo3771
    Gibbo3771 Posts: 145
    Hi thanks Stubs dont worry haven't fallen much really. Yeah I was at Glentress not that long ago on the skills area and on the green and blue trails there, I had such a blast :) and i live in West Lothian.

Go to the Pentlands, I love it personally. If you ever see a guy lieing facedown with his Carerra Vengeance on top of him, that's me :D feel free to toss me a wave :D
  • Yh havent been to the pentlands due to others not being able to drive or dont have a bike so this is why Ive only been to Glentress :) Oh this is my steed ....

bilo003.jpg
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    trailscotland.co.uk is the forum to be on.
  • huh never thought of that, thanks
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Feel free to post in the Carrera Ht thread (link in sig), though never seen a Banshee sticker on an HT like that before!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Oh cool great thanks :) Yh I got stickers in my mag haa haa hence the Banshee sticker :D