Is it worth it sometimes?

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited August 2013 in The bottom bracket
You try and help people out and they still show their ignorance. Sheeeeesh.

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12934729

On a serious note - it may just be the way I say things - can anyone help in a different tone/sentence structure? I think its obvious the route I am taking but I may be getting too technical.

Thank you

Y

Comments

• I think the primary problem is that you've bought technical knowledge and experience into play and used it when writing an answer to a question

This is the Internet, y'know. The first rule of Internet forums; everyone's an expert except the actual experts, and they're either talking shite, insane, on drugs, scaring innocent punters, some sort of sock puppet. Or a combination of both.

Just accept that it doesn't matter how much you actually know, nobody will listen to you. Right up to the point their cheapo Chinese frame snaps in three at 45km/h and they embark on a lifetime of reconstructive surgery on their face and ego. Then it'll be your fault for not making everyone listen and understand.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    I think the primary problem is that you've bought technical knowledge and experience into play and used it when writing an answer to a question He's what?

This is the Internet, y'know. The first rule of Internet forums; everyone's an expert except the actual experts 1, and they're either talking shite, insane, on drugs 2, scaring innocent punters, some sort of sock puppet. Or a combination of both.

Just accept that it doesn't matter how much you actually know 3, nobody will listen to you. Right up to the point their cheapo Chinese frame snaps in three at 45km/h and they embark on a lifetime of reconstructive surgery on their face and ego 4. Then it'll be your fault for not making everyone listen and understand. 5

1. Heckspurt in bullsh1t
    2. Yossie is
    3. He knows nuffink
    4. Good line - worthy of the Grauniad
    5. Its a very good job no one listens to him

Look dynamobrick - just keep him happy with a pic of Nina (Katrian Bryan), then he won't bother anyone (for a while).

BTW, if you use the ctrl key and plus or minus (adjacent to 0 ), you can enlarge the screen or reduce it. Which means that you get extra detail in certain threads with certain pictures :wink:

600full-katrina-bryan.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I think the primary problem is that you've bought technical knowledge and experience into play and used it when writing an answer to a question He's what?

This is the Internet, y'know. The first rule of Internet forums; everyone's an expert except the actual experts 1, and they're either talking shite, insane, on drugs 2, scaring innocent punters, some sort of sock puppet. Or a combination of both.

Just accept that it doesn't matter how much you actually know 3, nobody will listen to you. Right up to the point their cheapo Chinese frame snaps in three at 45km/h and they embark on a lifetime of reconstructive surgery on their face and ego 4. Then it'll be your fault for not making everyone listen and understand. 5

1. Heckspurt in bullsh1t
    2. Yossie is
    3. He knows nuffink
    4. Good line - worthy of the Grauniad
    5. Its a very good job no one listens to him

Look dynamobrick - just keep him happy with a pic of Nina (Katrian Bryan), then he won't bother anyone (for a while).

BTW, if you use the ctrl key and plus or minus (adjacent to 0 ), you can enlarge the screen or reduce it. Which means that you get extra detail in certain threads with certain pictures :wink:

600full-katrina-bryan.jpg

Top stuff re piccie P - I never knew that. Thank you! I do now. It may come in handy as TDV is out at the moment.