Eurosport Player - Anyone else having problems today?

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited August 2013 in The cake stop
Missed all the cycling today as Eurosport Player is just showing a blank screen within the viewing window.

It was working fine this morning.

Silverlight is up to date, and nothing else has changed.

Have tried on several different computers / platforms.

Subscription still active.

I presume the error is at their end?

Is anyone else having the same problem - it takes days (if at all) to get a reply to their email help line.

Thanks,.

Comments

• Yep having the same problem! thought it was just me as there is no info anywhere on the eurosport site!
  • colthrop1
    colthrop1 Posts: 2
    Had the same problem, i can watch videos on demand but live tv is blank. Annoyed as i only signed up today to watch the cycling at least i managed to watch the San Sebastian on german eurosport.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    phew, if it's not just me (or you) then there's a better chance of it getting sorted!
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    Same here, couldnt get live TV yesterday, could get it early this morning, now its gone again, is it something to do with the upgrade thats gone on?
  • Celt100
    Celt100 Posts: 22
    Me too today and on and off the last week or so :(
    Not impressed so far for a subscription service the old service had a few problems too but no where near this bad.

Does anyone else have problems with the channel listing not matching whats actually on ?
  • I'm still having problems although I did manage to watch some of the Tour of Poland but can't get anything today and Eurosport customer service (ha ha) haven't replied to my email after a week. I was going to renew my subscription at the end of the month to watch La Vuelta but probabaly not worth the hassle.
  • Just out of interest - have any of you signed up for BT Sport recently. This kicked off for me after I did. I wonder if there's some kind of conflict with Silverlight?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    From Twitter, 30 mins ago.
    Due to a flood at Eurosport HQ, the Eurosport Player is currently unavailable for users in the UK and France. Apologies to those affected
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Thanks - irritating but at least I know it's not my problem!
  • It's been more down than up recently, going to can my subscription on the iPad I think.
  • Hi all.

Anyone worked out how to rewind the new, stupid, worse than the last incarnation of Eurosport Player for more than an hour and a half? Getting fed up of missing races now :(
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    how do you contact customer support?
    the online form demands "No spaces or special characters" and even when I take all the spaces out of my message it won't send.
    Player hasn't worked properly, in a variety of ways, since the start of the tour of poland for me.
  • badly_dubbed
    badly_dubbed Posts: 1,350
    Tour of Utah been completely cancelled
    José Been ‏@TourDeJose 12h

@DQSport we just heard there will be none at all for remainder of the race. (I commentate for Eurosport Netherlands)
  • I allowed the player to update on my iPhone, what a mistaka to maka!
    Now have version 4, previous version I could play the output through my TV, which was great!
    Now it would appear that this nifty little option is blocked.
    Anyone know how to roll back an app?
    If you see the candle as flame the meal is already cooked.