Important message from Prudential RideLondon

The new annual world-class festival of cycling, Prudential RideLondon, will take place in London and Surrey on closed roads during the weekend of Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 August 2013. Prudential RideLondon will be the largest mass participation cycling festival ever held in the UK, with over 70,000 cyclists, including some of the world's top professionals, taking part across four separate events. Even if you're not taking part you may be affected as a large number of roads and bridges across London and Surrey will be closed, which will have major impact on transport along the route. Please take a look at the Prudential RideLondon website to see where the route goes and for more information to help you plan ahead for your travel across the weekend.

For more information please visit:

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/ridelondon
http://www.twitter.com/ridelondon

Have a great weekend of cycling!

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,234

Except if you are not part of the event, as the roads will be closed to unbranded non-corporate cyclists... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914

Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard anything about this event. In fact, I don't think there's anything about it on this forum, so just as well you gave us the heads-up in time.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Out of interest PrudentialRideLondon, can you respond to the "riding without paying" threads?
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Never ridden on an event involving so much hassle and so bewildering in terms of information being conveyed clearly and precisely. Just getting to Stratford for the start will be a bigger achievement than doing the ride. Shambolic.
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Frattonise wrote:
    Never ridden on an event involving so much hassle and so bewildering in terms of information being conveyed clearly and precisely. Just getting to Stratford for the start will be a bigger achievement than doing the ride. Shambolic.

Sorry my friend but that is complete twaddle. Have you ever done an event involving 20,000 people?

Sure there have been some queries but it's the first year and a learning experience for all concerned. It certainly is a long way from being shambolic.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • chrisaonabike
    Shackster wrote:
    Sure there have been some queries but it's the first year and a learning experience for all concerned. It certainly is a long way from being shambolic.
    +1.

Administratively, it's excellent so far.
  • Actually 8 London marathons - for which trains actually run. And trudging over to Excel yet again with only a 3 day window is totally inconvenient. I've spent an hour looking on the Internet for the drop-off zones. Unsuccessfully. Perhaps you could tell me where they are?
  • chrisaonabike
    What do you mean by drop-off zones?
  • zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    Frattonise wrote:
    Actually 8 London marathons - for which trains actually run. And trudging over to Excel yet again with only a 3 day window is totally inconvenient. I've spent an hour looking on the Internet for the drop-off zones. Unsuccessfully. Perhaps you could tell me where they are?
    These were identified in the transport options questionnaire that you should have completed. And its linked from the website http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/The_Events/Prudential_RideLondon-Surrey_100/Rider_Info.htm I'm pretty sure that you have to register in the preceeding days for the London Marathon as well.
  • Frattonise wrote:
    Actually 8 London marathons - for which trains actually run. And trudging over to Excel yet again with only a 3 day window is totally inconvenient. I've spent an hour looking on the Internet for the drop-off zones. Unsuccessfully. Perhaps you could tell me where they are?

I have had none of these problems. All the paperwork has been completed during our Lodge meetings and a courier delivered my race numbers last night.
    If you let me know what Lodge you attend I'll have a quiet word and get it all sorted for you. :wink:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Frattonise wrote:
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=212031949687909346769.0004e23e58d484757478f&msa=0

Drop off and parking zones
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Frattonise wrote:

You must be looking with your bleeding eyes closed!

Yea big inconvenience what did you expect 20000 people signing on the day of the event? :roll:

Christ no pleasing some.