Rose Bikes

kangarouge
kangarouge Posts: 210
edited August 2013 in Road buying advice
Has anyone any experience of any of the bikes/frames and customer service Rose offer? They seem to offer some good prices online but as I haven't heard of them before I thought it best to check. I am particularly interested in their carbon offerings.

Comments

• shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    I've had my Rose for 11 months now and I've been very happy with it. Service from Rose was very good, although I waited a month for my bike as their workshop was so busy.

There are a few Rose owners on here, but as a brand they do seem to hide in Canyon's shadow a bit.
  • mazzic182
    mazzic182 Posts: 12
    I bought a Rose at the end of 2012, when they were selling off their end of year models. Awesome bike and service, I would highly recommend them.
  • I ride a Xeon CRS, I love it. No idea how the frame compares to other brands though.
  • Another CRS owner, again bought one of last years at a bargain price and love it, a well built understated bit of kit. Great service too, had to ring as my Ccard flagged the payment and was sorted asap.
    Recommended.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    I have had my Rose for 5 months now and I really can't fault it at all. The service from Rose was also top notch.

viewtopic.php?t=12906947&p=18159882
  • frostorama
    frostorama Posts: 16
    I bought a Rose bike for my wife, alu frame, 105 components and askium wheels for a grand. Great value and she loves her bike. Rose customer service was excellent; they swapped her cassette for an Ultegra one when they didn't have a 105 one in stock for no extra cost.

Bike arrived well packaged and has been trouble free.
  • kangarouge
    kangarouge Posts: 210
    Many thanks to everyone for all the comments, especially the link to a previous thread. It sems all have had only positive experiences from the company and the bikes so I think I will order a white, Pro Carbon model in the very near future. I specifically like the horizontal top tube as its more traditional.
  • pompy
    pompy Posts: 127
    I ordered a Xeon RS last week and received an email with an 'assembly date' of August 8th. Is this likely to do accurate? Also, will it come via Royal Mail and have a number you can track? Can't wait by the way and well done to Froome today!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Yes that sounds about right. I ordered my Xeon RS 5000 on 20th March and it arrived 11th April.

I asked them to ship via RM, but they sent by DHL anyway. Not really a problem as it probably arrived quicker that way anyway.

Also, on the customer service side of things, when configuring my bike, I'd asked for 25mm tires (the stock ones that come with Ksyrium elites), but when it arrived, it had the 23s. I emailed them and they priority shipped me a set of 25mm conti GP4000s next day, which were my preferred choice anyway, plus a couple of bottles and some other free stuff. Then, after about 4 weeks, the monolink saddle I had specced snapped. Again, they replaced this quickly, efficiently, and with the minimum amount of fuss.

I've recommended them to friends (one of which has just purchased the base model Xeon RS), and will absolutely be using them again.

On another note: Their online sizing guide worked perfectly for me, and I am a big fan of their policy which allows you to send back any items such as bars, stems, seatposts & saddles for a different size within the first month of owning your bike. Takes all the uncertainty out of buying without being able to sit on it first.
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    Here's mine on a recent visit to the Peak District...

i.ashx?gallery=4091054&mid=77831555&mt=Photo&standardsize=857x1143

i.ashx?gallery=4091054&mid=77831556&mt=Photo&standardsize=1600x1200
  • NCFC
    NCFC Posts: 33
    I wish these were available on Cyclescheme. Amazing value bikes that look great.

I contacted Finlay who is the English rep for Rose today and he said they will soon be doing Cycle 2 Work through Halfords. Doesn't help me as we're not using the C2W scheme, but this may be of interest to some people who stumble upon this thread.
  • pompy
    pompy Posts: 127
    Thanks Cat, did you get another email nearer the assembly date to confirm when it would arrive or did it just turn up one day? Do they give you a tracking number?

Cheers, can't wait!
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    I can't remember exactly how the delivery of my Rose worked out other than it arrived when they said it would.

And what a happy day that was :-)
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Got the Xeon 3100 CRS. Love it and the service was good. Forgot to ask them to set brake levers UK-style rather than the Euro way when I ordered, but emailed back and it got done.

You need to make sure you get the right size, but that's the same for any mail order retailer.
  • They send you an email when you place your order which gives an estimated build completion/shipping date. Thanks to the wonders of German efficiency, this was spot on. Then they sent me another email once the bike had been built and shipped with the DHL tracking details.