Felt Bikes

shotgun1972
shotgun1972 Posts: 5
edited July 2013 in Road general
Hi all, Im thinking about buying a new bike and I like the look of the Felt Z series but dont know to much about the Felt brand. Any advice or imput would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Have you looked on their website?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I've had a Felt z6 since September 2012. Bouhgt in the sale on wiggle. Never had any problems apart from my own fault - broke the hanger (the bike fell over when i left it stood up on the train), so I haven't had to contact Felt for anything to do with warranties etc. They're an american brand, but mostly made in Taiwan I believe (like most brands sold on the highstreet).

The bike's great, only in hindsight i should have bought a model with a higher spec as i've since upgraded a load of parts. The frames light, stiff and comfortable. Looks great too.

The z series is the comfort/sportive geometry bike. If you want a more aggressive/race ride go for the F series.

Do you have any specific questions?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Good thing about Felt is they often use the same frame throughout the range so there's lots of scope for improvements later if you can only afford a low specced model. But the Z series are ugly IMO get an F.
  • fwgx
    fwgx Posts: 114
    I've hada Felt QX60 since last October and it's been a great bike. When looking for a road bike they were top of my list for this reason. I just bought a Z85 and it's fantastic too - light, fast, exceptionally comfy and looks the part.
  • Gazspurs
    Gazspurs Posts: 122
    I got a very good deal on the AR5 back in January, the 2012 model (white & black) with some very nice American Classic Wheels. IMO the 2012 model looks better than the 2013 orange & black.

I love the bike & a couple of my friends have also enjoyed riding it when we do a bit of a swap. I find it very good uphills, responsive in the sprint & very comfortable... longest ride I have done on it is 124 miles.

I have also had many comments from others regarding its looks (not mine unfortunatly) at the cafe.

I perosnally can't speak highly of the bike & the brand, I have 105 & it does everything I need it to do at my level.
  • I’ve looked on their website, but wanted other people’s opinions as they ride the bikes. The main thing really was the quality of the frames, from what you guys have said they’re pretty good any more input is great thanks so far any advice welcomed.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I’ve looked on their website, but wanted other people’s opinions as they ride the bikes. The main thing really was the quality of the frames,

That's fine, but in your first post you said you wanted info on the brand. Either way, the frames are at least comparable to any other frames out there.
  • Gazspurs
    Gazspurs Posts: 122
    The frames (or mine on the AR5) is superb mate! I've got the matt black finish, looks great & very strong
  • Beringo
    Beringo Posts: 2
    You've motivated me to my first post.

I bought a Felt Z95 in Matte Black about two weeks ago and so far I've clocked up 150 miles. Would have been more if I had the time.

What's it like? It's fantastic! I test rode the Spec Allez, Spec Sectuer , Felt F85 and the Felt Z95 it just felt right. No pun intended. Bike seems to be brilliant quality, it feels really solid at speed. Really surprised at how many people have commented on how good the bike looks. Everything on the bike feels like it should have cost more. I'd highly recommend test riding one.

It is my first road bike, but I did do a fair bit of research before deciding which bikes to try out.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Felt Z85 here since last October as my first road bike and full time commuter. I picked it at the time because it seemed very well specked for the price. It has been great. Very comfortable to ride even when set up more aggressively. As with any new bike test ride before you buy if you can. If you're in London Pearson will lend you one for a few laps of the park to get a feel for it.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • Got an F95 at the start of the year and I am very happy with it for a first road bike. Offered the best value for money in the price bracket I was looking at in my local area
  • I dont own a Felt road bike but my mate does and its a lovely bike. Ive got a Felt mountainbike and i love it. Dont think you can go wrong with a Felt in my opinion.