Bu99er!

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited July 2013 in The bottom bracket
I'm 29mile short of racking up 1,000mile this month and the forcast is for it to be absolutely lagging it down tomorrow.

If I happen to be out and it rains fair do's, however, I don't relish setting out in a storm knowing that it's going to be like it for the duration.

I'll just have to bite the bullet and MTFU. :roll:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    You'll be ok, you've got several hours where it might be clear :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    29 miles?

'tis but a cafe trip

get out there, may be wet but at least it's warm
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    1000 mile month? Chapeau!

I will clock my 3000th mile of the YEAR this weekend and i consider that to be good going....
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    ^^^ I'm just shy of that - been rubbishy weather up here up until mid june.

Frank, you've got to do it no matter what the weather even if waiting until the weather breaks - you're too close to give up now - think of your public man, think of your public :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Get out and do it you wuss :lol: If it rains a) it will be warm rain and b) it'll wash the sweat off your bike :wink:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    If you consider anything less than 10 miles as a warm up and not worth getting changed for then another 19 on top of that is just around an hour or slightly more depending on terrian...get it done Frank!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    The world waits with breathless excitement ...
  • Frank the tank
    Well it worked. I knew posting on here would apply that little extra pressure on myself to make me get out regardless.

You good folks didn't let me down,there was the "encouragement" required and having dipped out in June on the thousand by 70mile I was determined not to fail this month.

I got pi55 wet through but finished up doing 38miles. TBH I really enjoyed setting off in the rain, it's quite liberating and I felt like a proper cyclist. :shock:
    Tail end Charlie

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    TBH I really enjoyed setting off in the rain, it's quite liberating and I felt like a proper cyclist.

Did you ride in the buff?
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Well it worked. I knew posting on here would apply that little extra pressure on myself to make me get out regardless.

You good folks didn't let me down,there was the "encouragement" required and having dipped out in June on the thousand by 70mile I was determined not to fail this month.

I got pi55 wet through but finished up doing 38miles. TBH I really enjoyed setting off in the rain, it's quite liberating and I felt like a proper cyclist. :shock:

What was your final July total then
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Frank the tank
    1,008.7miles
    Tail end Charlie

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Well done mate :D Makes my 700 look puny :oops:
  • Frank the tank
    random man wrote:
    Well done mate :D Makes my 700 look puny :oops:
    But I know the truth. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

• SFT
    SFT Posts: 156
    best work in Km.... done over 1000 of those:)
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    1,008.7miles

Well done Frank! If I d have read this yesterday I would have come out with you, but I was too busy today being woke up by an excited 4 year old who forced me to build a 10 foot trampoline in the rain.

My house will just look like every bugger elses on Google earth now.

Hope you put some WD4O on the hips.