Other boards on here

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited July 2013 in The cake stop
I just ventured into commuter chat for the first time...i didnt post, was too scared, but it seems busy.

Now my question is do the same people post there as here, i didnt notice too many familiar names as i scanned the OP's, if not why not (excluding cleat gate reasons), and is that a busier board, as seemingly the same topics are covered there as we do here and in BB (to a lesser extent BB)

is it because of the difference between a commuter and a 'roadie'? what if your both!?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    there are other boards than road?

that's creepy, like knowing under the floor it's seething with cockroaches, brrrr
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I don't go there 'cos I assume they'll mainly discuss commuting issues, which on the face of it wouldn't hold much interest to me. Might pop over and have a look.........................then again!
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Does Vtech commute to work? I'm out.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Like the Daily Mail website, I only go into Pro Race to get angry.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    I don't go there 'cos I assume they'll mainly discuss commuting issues, which on the face of it wouldn't hold much interest to me. Might pop over and have a look.........................then again!

Probably best not to Frank, I lurk on there ocassionally and the odd thread is interesting. But equally so many are just plain odd...this one stuck in the mind from a while back as I was certain someone got their mumsnet and BR logins mixed up that day. Mental.

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12847527&hilit=bed+sheets
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757

Probably best not to Frank, I lurk on there ocassionally and the odd thread is interesting. But equally so many are just plain odd...this one stuck in the mind from a while back as I was certain someone got their mumsnet and BR logins mixed up that day. Mental.

Yeah, that's Don. I often wonder if people keep him away from sharp objects myself :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Communters put their lives into their own hands on a dailly basis, it makes them psychotic. I know 'cos I woz one when I lived down south.
    Dailly arguments and road rage, getting splashed by passing cars and cut up by idiots. Idiots not giving you enough space, idiots turning in front of you. Idiots not indicating. Idiots thinking they can get through the gap between you and the on-coming car on the other side of the road...and yer teeth become clenched and you stiffen the whole of the upper part of your body and you go faster and faster as the endorphine/adrenaline soaked brain goes into overdrive and irrationality/madness: Looking like a man about to transmogrify into a demon with horns and scales...
    Does you no good.

Breath in. Karma. Hari Krishna, its okay...'sall over...never again will I fight the crazy horses... phew.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Its very london focused - one guy posted on here that he posts in the communter section because they're a better class of person - how you work that out from someone trying to get a KoM on a 10 meter stretch of a flyover i'll never know. :lol:

Crudcatcher in the mtb section used to be great fun - they dont take anything seriously over there but its gone a bit lame of late.

My fave now is touring and expedition, I love a good ramble :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Its very london focused - one guy posted on here that he posts in the communter section because they're a better class of person - how you work that out from someone trying to get a KoM on a 10 meter stretch of a flyover i'll never know. :lol:

Crudcatcher in the mtb section used to be great fun - they dont take anything seriously over there but its gone a bit lame of late.

My fave now is touring and expedition, I love a good ramble :lol:

Speaking of London focused look at the sportive first page...how many Ride 100 threads do they need for Sundays event?!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I'm both a roadie and a London commuter. Although I'm not entirely sure why I don't frequent the commuter section more.

I hear they have women in there! :shock: It's always such a pain when the sexy pm's start, then the incessant texting :roll: and there's always some obstacle in the way when you try and meet up. It's just not worth the hassel
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    one guy posted on here that he posts in the communter section because they're a better class of person :lol:

I post on here so he is probably right! :cry:
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    one guy posted on here that he posts in the communter section because they're a better class of person :lol:

Kieran and Steve006 both post in both, so they'll accept anyone :lol:
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    I'm just surprised how many of you I see browsing the women's forum. You know who you are! :lol:

Edit: I am not at all surprised by how many of you I see browsing the women's forum.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

That hurt, that did. :cry:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

That hurt, that did. :cry:
    :lol: :P
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I've only recently started browsing the 'Road - General' section.

It's absolutely batsh*t-crazy.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    IMHO there are many excellent 'boards' on this forum and I read and post in many - its a broad church, surely.

'Commuting General & Chat' IS 'London-focussed, but that's just a statistical thing surely. I have enjoyed good banter on these forums and have even met up with some of the other posters while out on the road - nice.

'Road General' is great for any cycling issues and had had some really good stuff on recently.

'Cake Stop' and 'Bottom Bracket' are brilliant - we all know the regulars there, and they provide hilarious entertainment for us all - superstars.

'Pro Race' is excellent when the Grand Tours are on especially.

I even dip into some MTB forums, just to see how the other half live AND the Classifieds, which can deliver the odd bargain here and there.

Its all good stuff
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

Yeah, that's Don. I often wonder if people keep him away from sharp objects myself :wink:
    Finger_pointing.jpg
    T R A I T O R !!!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I just ventured into commuter chat for the first time...i didnt post, was too scared, but it seems busy.

Now my question is do the same people post there as here, i didnt notice too many familiar names as i scanned the OP's, if not why not (excluding cleat gate reasons), and is that a busier board, as seemingly the same topics are covered there as we do here and in BB (to a lesser extent BB)

is it because of the difference between a commuter and a 'roadie'? what if your both!?

I post on there even though I don't commute. But I almost exclusively view the site through the view all posts function, so it's just one big forum to me.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Does Vtech commute to work? I'm out.

He does/did, but he puts the bike in the boot/trunk 'cos it's safer :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike