BBC

2»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Without a publicly... ...the hindmost.

Yeah, you can't beat a State owned media can you? North Koreans swear by theirs. :lol:

..and you say i'm a tw@t !?!?! How can you compare the two?

You are a tw@t if you thought I was seriously comparing the two. Tongue was firmly in cheek hence the :lol:

:lol::lol:

I used the Korean example to show that State owned media isn't always what you would want.
    Bit of a result though if it rankled. :lol:
  • morstar wrote:
    Can those stating how biased it is please provide the evidence?
    I have many frustrations with the BBC output but these are more problems with media trends rather than the BBC specifically. On the whole, it is still, imho, a great institution and I'd be sorry to lose it.

their own internal investigation said they were.

as i said i still think they do a decent job, but people canot deny they offer a liberal left of centre slant on things, such as their middle east reporting and casting of israel in certain lights and government 'cuts' and the state of the economy.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    morstar wrote:
    Can those stating how biased it is please provide the evidence?
    I have many frustrations with the BBC output but these are more problems with media trends rather than the BBC specifically. On the whole, it is still, imho, a great institution and I'd be sorry to lose it.

their own internal investigation said they were.

as i said i still think they do a decent job, but people canot deny they offer a liberal left of centre slant on things, such as their middle east reporting and casting of israel in certain lights and government 'cuts' and the state of the economy.

I don't know where to begin on Israel... so I'm not going there beyond stating that not following the US unquestioning approach is not left wing bias.

As for the government cuts, yes the BBC is oppositional to the government of the day. This works both ways, it's just more difficult to see when you agree with the challenges being made by the media on your behalf. This is getting close to where I see the issue. The medias job is to challenge the government but where I have a problem is when a minister answers a question on a subject and the interviewer tries to be all hard hitting investigative journalist and sensationalise what was a perfectly reasonable repsonse.
    I hate it when a politician (of any persuasion) can't answer any question without a paxman-esque grilling trying to create controversy where there isn't any.
    Genuinely, this works both ways in my opinion. I absolutely don't believe the bias you portray unless somebody can provide a number of specific examples. Challenging cuts is not bias. Saying labours approach is better is bias.

Labour weren't exactly getting an easy ride from anybody in the latter years of the last administration and throughout the previous Con administration, Labour were treated as a joke (rightfully) for a number of years as were the Conservatives during the Blair years (again rightfully).
  • why did their own investigation conclude there was a bias then if there wasnt. what purpose does it serve as they are criticising themselves.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,397
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Yeah, you can't beat a State owned media can you? North Koreans swear by theirs. :lol:

You are a tw@t if you thought I was seriously comparing the two. Tongue was firmly in cheek hence the :lol:

I used the Korean example to show that State owned media isn't always what you would want.

Not rankles mate - Wrinkles!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

We get to watch a lot of North Korean stuff - it rocks. best entertainment I've seen for ages. Its all like Thunderbirds meets Days of Our Lives on acid. Well worth an hour or two of beer drinking time.
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I would happily sell my house and all it's contents to pay for the BBC
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    garryc wrote:
    I would happily sell my house and all it's contents to pay for the BBC
    Deal!
    You can pay mine. :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,397
    Yossie wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

We get to watch a lot of North Korean stuff - it rocks. best entertainment I've seen for ages. Its all like Thunderbirds meets Days of Our Lives on acid. Well worth an hour or two of beer drinking time.

Sit coms like this?

'Surprise attack' even though its all over tinternet
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yossie
    Yossie wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Sit coms like this?

'Surprise attack' even though its all over tinternet

Yup - that's ya baby.

Put it this way - the troops storming along under the flying flag wouldn't last 2 minutes against a concerted splurge gun attack. Fukkk, we would unleash Bugsy Malone on them and they wouldn't know what had hit them.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Bring Back Cleat
  • Yossie
    He's communter stylee but he'll be back ....................................