Good Evening...

dferris83
dferris83 Posts: 4
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
Good Evening Everyone..

On Saturday i purchased my first road bike. On Sunday i put my first 20k on to get a feel for it and on Monday i cannot wait to get back out there :D

The bike i purchased was the Triban 3. As it is my first bike I wasnt brave enough to stretch my budget with a second hand one.

Anyhow i thought i would say hello and i hope to read and hopefully contribute to this forum.

A picture of the bike, fresh out of the back of the car. Please dont judge, the reflectors are off however the pedals are not :oops:

Photo%2027-07-2013%2018%2042%2002%20%281%29.jpg

Regards,
Dan

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Welcome to the asylum mate - great choice of bike which cant be beaten for the budget.

Why do all Tribans seem to have the bars tipped right back though?? :D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    the wheels on the triban look lighter than your old one :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.Great bike choice so just get out and enjoy it.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Welcome!

You got a red one, excellent! They are very hard to find now and better than the new white version.

Nothing wrong with the pedals either :)
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Red bikes are always faster :D
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Welcome
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Good bike. Do you live in a pub?
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • dai_t75
    dai_t75 Posts: 189
    Welcome to the asylum mate - great choice of bike which cant be beaten for the budget.

Why do all Tribans seem to have the bars tipped right back though?? :D

Welcome - fellow T3 owner here, had it since October and been very pelased with it although I have made a number of changes as I am sure you will :twisted:

I don't know why the bars/hoods come the way they do - I re-taped mine to get more of a flat part with the handlebar/hoods.
  • dferris83
    dferris83 Posts: 4
    Thank you all. Decathlon, lakeside have a large amount of red and white triban 3's. the sales guy told me they have a delivery a day but I still think I got lucky after reviewing many other forums.

Unfortunately I do not live in a pub just furniture that resembles it?

Dai_t75 - what was your first / most favoured change?
  • dai_t75
    dai_t75 Posts: 189
    dferris83 wrote:
    Thank you all. Decathlon, lakeside have a large amount of red and white triban 3's. the sales guy told me they have a delivery a day but I still think I got lucky after reviewing many other forums.

Unfortunately I do not live in a pub just furniture that resembles it?

Dai_t75 - what was your first / most favoured change?

Think my first change was to put clipless pedals on, think it is also probably the most favoured change as well. Don't know if you have cycled clipless before? I hadn't, but can't imagine riding without them now. Since then I have changed:

Tyres - went for continental 4 seasons and they have been great.
    Saddle - went for a cheap cut out saddle then changed again to a Specialized Romin Evo Expert.
    Brake blocks - wanted more stopping power so changed the blocks to some 'kool stops'
    Mudguards - I started in the winter so these came in very handy!
    Stem - I felt really stretched out on the bike so shortened the stem... twice :oops:
    Bartape - as mentioned the hoods are angled quite steeply so I wanted to flatten it out. Went for Cinelli Cork tape and it does have a lot more 'cushion' effect.
    Pannier rack - I will be attempting LEJOG in a couple of week and will be doing it unsupported so this was a must.
    Rear cassette - given the extra weight I would be lugging the length of the country I wanted an easier lowest gear so have recently changed from the 25 that came with the T3 to a 28.

Think that is the first time I have actually written out all the things I have changed.... quite surprising! Not saying you will need to make the same changes, but it does get addictive!