Bike Lights - Half Measure, Full Measure, Hi Viz or Nothing?

HeatherMillsLeg
HeatherMillsLeg Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
As title.

Unlike others on here I couldn't care less if a stranger doesn't acknowledge me when riding past me.

I'm not going to judge someone riding with his headphones in

- I do it -

I don't want to hear my wheezing chest and I look, look, look, look and look again. I have eyes.

Anyone who judges someone on that obviously doesn't want deaf people cycling... Or must get unbelievably irate when they see a motorist with their stereo booming or on their mobile...

I fall asleep when someone witters on about not being able to get up a hill - especially when they have measured it to the Nth degree. 2 options - change your set up or get fitter - done!

Unfortunately cyclists are the most hated road users bar none. And as a cyclist I really think that there is a majority that doesn't help the sensible cyclists.

It is to55ers that don't ride with lights!

As a motorist, pedestrian and cyclist it is the thing that really gets my goat and I feel that the whole attitude to lights needs to change. I have various light set ups - even the most basic are very good and cost under £20.

There is no way that I will get a SMIDSY on em.

That's Sorry Mate, I didn't See You, for the Ninjas amongst us.

I see sooo many ninjas around it's unbelievable. My rear light & bracket weighs about 90 grams I think - wow! http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/smart-lunar-r2-2-x-1-2-watt-rear-light-id64035.html

Then there is the other extreme - wearing all "High Viz" and IMO looking like a tawt, but not running ONE light. FFS.

People need to get a grip and learn the law. Or perhaps I need to get a grip and calm down?

Seriously though, if you had a car wrapped in high viz but didn't run your lights when necessary - it's dangerous and ILLEGAL!

High Viz and Ninja bandits please take note.

Do all of us cyclists a favour, please.

Batteries can be bought cheap from the £ shops, buy decent rechargeables or splash out and get USB or rechargable lights.

The mentality of cyclists needs to change or we will remain the, sometimes deserved, pariahs of the roads...

Comments

• plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    + 100

Ninjas round this way wear black and go from pavement to pavement.
  • chrisaonabike
    chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
    What is the world coming to when we have to agree with HML??

Good god, man, sort yourself out and have a rant that really winds people up, rather than this pathetic uncontroversial nonsense.

Stylistically, a bit too coherent, needs more evidence of actual foaming at the mouth. Not bad, otherwise, nice work.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?