Team Sky

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited July 2013 in The bottom bracket
If Team Sky were say, American, Russian or Bosnian would everyone still be so quick to defend their results, none doping claims and clean practices (even following the recent resignations of key personnel following the "if you have ever doped you're out" edict.

Discuss.

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    No need to discuss. Simple answer - Yes.
    Their results are no more outstanding than any other as a team.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    If Team Sky were say, American, Russian or Bosnian would you be so determined to initiate this discussion ad nauseum?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Yes. I feel that's its a pertinent point when looking at the state of cycling and society today as a whole.

Just because you're being pseudo nationalistic (a la UKIP supporter) does it mean that you should overlook the fragility and hypocrisy of a so called national emblem?

I'd probably not though if they were Bosnian because they're well hard and would probably track me down and kick my head in.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Simple answer: ALL pro cycling teams are dirty, certain teams (aka Sky) must be seen to get rid of dirty personnel as soon as something dodgy pops up in their past.... If that helps them to keep this squeaky clean image and zero tolerance attitude towards doping/dopers then so be it.

Either way, this post is pointless, those who defend sky can (and will) continue to defend them, and those who accuse them of doping can (and will) continue to accuse.

Innocent until proven guilty, but then when proven guilty (even 5-10years down the line aka Lance), the sh!t will hit the fan.

It's the win at all costs attitude and all the cash that road cycling draws is guaranteed to make teams look to all avenues to get sponsorship/advertising deals, and therefore, more money.

I just find it a bit ridiculous that Team Sky are so intertwined with Team GB, therefore, it's of utter importance to them to portray this no doping attitude because if (possibly when) the wall comes crashing down, the sh!t will certainly hit the fan, and it won't be just team sky results that come into question!

I would love to know for sure they are clean, but then I've also heard the "cycling's new era" bull time and time again that I don't trust anything or any results of the Pro's, but just take it for what it is, if they really aren't doping, fair enough, but I'm not taking their word on the matter because I've heard it before and just don't trust in the sport.... But that's not to say I can't (unlike a lot of others) turn a blind eye to that side of the sport.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Yossie wrote:
    Yes. I feel that's its a pertinent point when looking at the state of cycling and society today as a whole.

Just because you're being pseudo nationalistic (a la UKIP supporter) does it mean that you should overlook the fragility and hypocrisy of a so called national emblem?

I'd probably not though if they were Bosnian because they're well hard and would probably track me down and kick my head in.
    Nothing to do with Nationalism.
    I want to believe that the sport can be clean and that is the way it is going.
    Quite frankly, if Sky get caught out then the whole sport may as well fold as they have set themselves up with that as their raison d'etre.

When someone supplies proof, I will give up hope.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.