Hair today...

johngti
johngti Posts: 2,508
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
So, I thought it'd be a good idea. I thought it was all under control. Just a quick trim, just to reduce the effect of leg hair sticking up through Lycra. Turns out that was a stupid thing to think...

So yeah. The missus is now picking up some disposable razors for me and I'm taking the plunge. Because otherwise I'd have bald patches on my legs. Bugger.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Epilady !!
  • johngti
    diamonddog wrote:
    Epilady !!

Far too painful!!
  • diamonddog
    Ha Ha
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    epilady only hurts on long hair. do it on hairs less than 2 or 3 mm long and its not painful at all.
  • johngti
    The deed is done. Not sure I can be bothered with the fuss again! Awkward bloomin' thing to do.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    johngti wrote:
    The deed is done. Not sure I can be bothered with the fuss again! Awkward bloomin' thing to do.
    It looks good but its a bloody pain to do. I wouldnt want to be a woman I can tell you.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    epilady only hurts on long hair. do it on hairs less than 2 or 3 mm long and its not painful at all.
    +1. I now use my wife's epilator more than my wife :oops:
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Gizmodo wrote:
    +1. I now use my wife's epilator more than my wife :oops:

There is a quote that can be taken out of context........
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Nair from the poundshop.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • johngti
    Going to have to buy SWMBO an epilady so I can nick it off her!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    epilady lol, just shave them proper mate, the only way to go!
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    Venus! A lot less cuts than a disposable and a lot smoother. Or tweezers, if you have a lot of spare time.
  • diamonddog
    We need a Road Bike Beauty Tips section on this forum. :(w
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 230
    My leg hair staying put.
    ---
    Sensa Trentino SL Custom 2013 - 105 Compact - Aksium Race
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    Druidor wrote:
    My leg hair staying put.

Same here. You lot must be fucking mental shaving your legs.
  • BobScarle
    BobScarle Posts: 282
    Never seen such a load of rubbish. If you want to shave your legs, be a man, use a blow torch
  • giant_man
    its only the people who have never shaved their legs that down it, if you did try it - just once, you would think differently. I am probably the hairiest bloke on here, and I always used to dismiss it as 'nonsense' but it's only when i started shaving that I realised the benefits. It's just so much better imo
  • johngti
    BobScarle wrote:
    Never seen such a load of rubbish. If you want to shave your legs, be a man, use a blow torch

Random orbit sander for me next time. Defo.
  • johngti
    giant man wrote:
    its only the people who have never shaved their legs that down it, if you did try it - just once, you would think differently. I am probably the hairiest bloke on here, and I always used to dismiss it as 'nonsense' but it's only when i started shaving that I realised the benefits. It's just so much better imo

I'm yet to go for that second shave, not too sure tbh. Definitely looks better with Lycra and my whole adventure started with an attempt to stop furry Lycra syndrome so I've achieved that aim. But I'm 44 years old; this is still very alien to me!!
  • markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    johngti wrote:
    BobScarle wrote:

This is the stuff real men use -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
    Check out the reviews.

MarkP
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!
  • giant_man
    johngti wrote:
    giant man wrote:

I'm yet to go for that second shave, not too sure tbh. Definitely looks better with Lycra and my whole adventure started with an attempt to stop furry Lycra syndrome so I've achieved that aim. But I'm 44 years old; this is still very alien to me!!
    I'm older than you pal, don't let that worry you!
  • johngti wrote:
    BobScarle wrote:

orbital sander pah !!! get tough on hair and use a belt sander topped off with a nitromors aftershave
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    What do the other halves of those who shave say about it? My missus would be mortified and angry when I blocked the plug hole.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    MarkP80 wrote:
    johngti wrote:
    BobScarle wrote:

This is the stuff real men use -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
    Check out the reviews.

MarkP
    :lol: Classic, beat me to it.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    fatsmoker wrote:
    What do the other halves of those who shave say about it? My missus would be mortified and angry when I blocked the plug hole.

Mine helped :$
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    fatsmoker wrote:
    Mine prefers how it looks, initially she lent me the epilator for a laugh, hoping I would scream like a baby - she was mostly disappointed. :lol: