Hi Everyone- Just bought a Canyon Cf7.0

Speedydowt
Speedydowt Posts: 4
edited August 2013 in Road beginners
Hi Everyone!

I'm very new the roadbike scene, thought i'd sign up to a forum as I've just ordered a canyon cf 7.0 and cannot wait to start using it!

Anyone else have a canyon bike? Any good experiences with them?

Nice to meet everyone in advance

tom

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Search the Your Road Bikes section there are some pics of Canyons and the Road General section for comments etc.
    They do look nice bikes, get some pictures and a description of yours uploaded when it arrives.

Enjoy it when it arrives
  • thanks diamonddog, nice to meet you as well, will get some pics when it comes as you suggest!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    edited July 2013
    I've just had a Canyon a few weeks ago (see my signature below) and I'm impressed. There are a couple of other Canyons in the club I ride with and everyone speaks highly of them.

Welcome.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    PS Welcome to the forum
    (Canyon CF SLX or Aeroad are a couple of the choices on my next bike list).
  • Evogirl
    Evogirl Posts: 25
    Got a Canyon Ultimate AL Di2 arriving Tuesday.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Canyon ultimate here, love it. They are great bikes.
  • k3vinjam3s
    k3vinjam3s Posts: 266
    Evogirl wrote:
    Got a Canyon Ultimate AL Di2 arriving Tuesday.

I've just ordered the same bike, won't be ready till end of august. Have you been waiting long for yours?
  • Evogirl
    Ordered 3 weeks ago.
  • k3vinjam3s
    Evogirl wrote:
    Ordered 3 weeks ago.

You must have ordered a frame they had stock of then as I've got a 6 weeks wait on a large. On the FAQs they say the headset cap doesnt come. I haven't ordered one from them as an extra as I didn't really read it properly. I'm gonna need one so wondered if I should have orders it from them.
  • Gizmodo
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    In the FAQs they say the headset cap doesnt come. I haven't ordered one from them as an extra as I didn't really read it properly. I'm gonna need one so wondered if I should have orders it from them.
    If it is what I thnk it is then you don't need one. Canyon have this strange i-lock headset (see picture) which has no cap on purpose. For some people who can't live with how this looks, they sell an add-on cap for pure cosmetic purposes. I like the look of the hollow headset myself.

From http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 0-11-43014
    Headset
    Canyon’s clever i-Lock headset system eliminates the need for a traditional internal bung and tapered interface, meaning the carbon steerer is free of stresses or potential damage from a badly fitted headset or over-clamping.

canyon_aeroad_cf_headset_600.jpg
  • k3vinjam3s
    Gizmodo wrote:
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    In the FAQs they say the headset cap doesnt come. I haven't ordered one from them as an extra as I didn't really read it properly. I'm gonna need one so wondered if I should have orders it from them.
    If it is what I thnk it is then you don't need one. Canyon have this strange i-lock headset (see picture) which has no cap on purpose. For some people who can't live with how this looks, they sell an add-on cap for pure cosmetic purposes. I like the look of the hollow headset myself.

From http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 0-11-43014
    Headset
    Canyon’s clever i-Lock headset system eliminates the need for a traditional internal bung and tapered interface, meaning the carbon steerer is free of stresses or potential damage from a badly fitted headset or over-clamping.

canyon_aeroad_cf_headset_600.jpg

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.
  • awesome! Ah how am I supposed to wait until build week 37 (9th of September- 18th September) for my bike.

I can only run to keep fit for so long :P
  • Evogirl
    edited July 2013
    :roll: Yes my bike size is XS 50cm from stock, don't suppose they sell a huge number of them in XS tbh.
  • Evogirl
    Oh my these Canyon bikes are something else!! just taken delivery of my Di2 equipped Ultimate AL it's stunning and DI2 is better than I imagined, for the price the bike is in a class of its own.
  • k3vinjam3s
    Evogirl wrote:
    Oh my these Canyon bikes are something else!! just taken delivery of my Di2 equipped Ultimate AL it's stunning and DI2 is better than I imagined, for the price the bike is in a class of its own.

your just rubbing it in now, how's about a pic lol.
  • Evogirl
    I don't know how to post...it's not as easy as posting pics on Facebook lol.
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    I got the CF 9.0 SLX Sram red and it is awesome, got it in June. Had a bike fit to get it set up probably well worth the cost. :-)
  • Gizmodo
    Evogirl wrote:
    I don't know how to post...it's not as easy as posting pics on Facebook lol.
    Sign up for a free account at http://imageshack.us - no junk mail, no advertising
    Upload your image using their simple uploader
    They will give you various codes to use in various systems, the one for forums will look something like
  • Evogirl
    I'll give it a go tomorrow...thanks
  • Evogirl
    Not sure if its just me or because I use an IPad but I am unable to post a pic of my new Canyon. If somebody would send me their email address for me to send a pic then post it for me I'd be very grateful.
  • Here is Evogirls very lovely bike! Canyon Ultimate AL di2. :lol:

image_zps74b65e2a.jpg
  • Avit5
    Avit5 Posts: 114
    Here is Evogirls very lovely bike! Canyon Ultimate AL di2. :lol:

image_zps74b65e2a.jpg

Evogirl- I notice you have the Canyon VCLS 2.0 seatpost. How do you find it ? Do you think it makes that much difference to the ride ? I know if you purchase one at the same time as new Canyon bike then you get it for about £115 so not too bad if it assists in the comfort of the ride. Splendid looking bike btw.
  • Evogirl
    Have had the bike since Tuesday so not covered many miles yet and if I'm honest I haven't noticed much difference between the ride on the Canyon and my carbon seat post fom my Ribble. Surprisingly I have today weighed the Canyon with the Di2 and it comes in at 7.8kg slightly less than my carbon fibre Ribble Gran Fondo with Campag Veloce!!! The Canyon guys have done a fantastic job with this alu bike and without wishing to upset the carbon lovers on here for me it rides better than my aforementioned carbon fibre bike.