It's a poor show that Froome hasn't congratulated Wiggins

onemoresolo
onemoresolo Posts: 372
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
Does anyone else think its a bit 'off' that Chris Froome hasn't publicly - by way of media interview, or press release through Sky/Team Sky - congratulated Bradley Wiggins for his 53rd place finish in today's Tour of Poland stage?

Comments

• He said he'll do it when he stops laughing
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • onemoresolo
    :mrgreen:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    From what I have seen this year, Wiggo isn't even Sky's No.4.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    Did anybody think he would be good this year? Really? He'll never again be as motivated as last year, he traditionally has a crap year after the Olympics and lets be fair, having won the TdF and Olympic gold in the space of a few months I think he has enough points banked to have an off season
  • gaz79
    gaz79 Posts: 28
    gavbarron wrote:
    Did anybody think he would be good this year? Really? He'll never again be as motivated as last year, he traditionally has a crap year after the Olympics and lets be fair, having won the TdF and Olympic gold in the space of a few months I think he has enough points banked to have an off season

Exactly. People in this country are all too quick to put people down, probably the same people that were calling for him to be knighted 12 months ago.
  • daviesee
    Gaz79 wrote:
    gavbarron wrote:

Exactly. People in this country are all too quick to put people down, probably the same people that were calling for him to be knighted 12 months ago.
    Possibly some, but definitely not all. Myself for one.
    I am not bashing Brad. A dip was to be expected. Illness was a valid excuse for the Giro.
    But his level has dipped way below reasonable expectations.
    Everyone else is upping their game and for him to continue, so will he. That is all.
  • onemoresolo
    Nibali is performing as poorly as Wiggins and they're both likely using this week to build some form for the Worlds, don't read too much into it.
  • daviesee
    Nibali is performing as poorly as Wiggins and they're both likely using this week to build some form for the Worlds, don't read too much into it.
    Fair point.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    I believe it has been stated he is using the TOP as a spring board for the Worlds.

Maybe Wiggo has congratulated him in person/over the phone now? But it is kind of poor...